26 15.20%
  • Repeal but keep stag hunting ban

13 7.60%
  • Repeal but keep Hare hunting ban

0 0%
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Repeal of the Hunting Act

Repeal of the Hunting Act

So with the new Conservative Goverment having a majority and the prospect of a free vote to repeal the ban, what is everyones opinions?

Straight repeal? Bring back fox huntimg but keep stag hunting banned? Bring back fox hunting but keep the hare hunting ban ? Bring back mink hunting? Bring back Otter Hunting () ?
    Last edited by mudman; 09-05-2015 at 20:13.

Bring back all forms of hunting,let the country folk do what they are good at,RUNNING the Countryside.......

I've a nasty feeling that if any form of a repeal is put to a vote the opposition will use it as a chance to spank the Conservatives as will a good proportion of the Conservative Party. I wish it were otherwise. But this is the House of Parliament that spent multiple hours debating the Hunting Act compared to the war in Iraq. Are they prepared to admit that they got it wrong?

Ion

Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    Bring back all forms of hunting,let the country folk do what they are good at,RUNNING the Countryside.......
    Quite agree that they were good at it, however, sadly its now owned by those from elsewhere.

With many anti-hunting Conservative M.P.s it may be more pragmatic to amend the Act e.g, by allowing any number of dogs to be used, rather than doing a full repeal.
    Last edited by timbrayford; 10-05-2015 at 06:29.

The fact is with the ban in place, with all its loopholes , fox hunting has continued, if repeal meant we could go hunting stags and hares, bring it on. If I was in charge I would instruct the police that hunting was not a front line priority.

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    With many anti-hunting Conservative M.P.s it may be more pragmatic to amend the Act e.g, by allowing any number of dogs to be used, rather doing a full repeal.
    That's they forward, the quieter they can do it the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    . If I was in charge I would instruct the police that hunting was not a front line priority.
    that's what's happened effectively ! It's only when antis/sabs get in the mix that the police have to intervene to keep public order .
    norma

I'm really not sure how I feel about the ban to be honest.
    While I don't think it should have happened as it did, I wasn't upset to see it banned.
    The only times I have been involved with a hunt have ended badly, once a fox swum the river Avon to escape the hounds.
    I rescued the fox with a net to stop it going over a wear, and then dried it off and moved it away from the immediate area.
    The hunt were rather vocal and threatening from the safety of the far bank.
    The result of that was me banned from the fishery that I had just paid 150 to join, no refund.
    Locally the hunt were a law unto themselves, doing untold damage to the lakes I help run and fish at.
    Bridges broken, fence smashed down, path's wrecked by horses, gates removed and locks cut. etc
    So locally at least I am happy to have seen the back of the hunt, but I also can't believe that all
    hunts are this badly run ?

Neil

Would there be a limit to the type and number of hounds used to hunt deer?
    Blaser K95 Stutzen - the ultimate deer stalking rifle