Vortex scopes

bicykillgaz

Hi,
I've currently got a Minox za3 3-9x40 on my .22lr which is a cracking little scope, however I fancy a bit more mag up to x16 max. I'm looking at the cheaper vortex scopes but want to know are they any good?

Cheers

gary

I have 2 Vortex at the moment and waiting for another to arrive, l have a Viper 6-24x50 mildot on my .223 and the next one will be going on my 6.5x284, the Diamondback 2-7x32 l have on my .22lr is great, BDC lines on the reticles allow a decent aimpoint for known distances, l like them a lot and wouldn't hesitate to buy another if l need one. Plus, the guarantee cannot be faulted.

Got a dimondback hp here really impressed for the money, if your nearby you welcome to have a play or if you've a rail stick it on your rifle and have a shoot.

Don't know how large a scope you want, but you need parallax adjustment more that super glass, because the range will be under 200 yards. I use an older Simmons 4-12x40 AO to test my .22s. It has a fine crosshair, and target turrets with 1/8 minute clicks. It was probably the most expensive scope they made at the time. Bushnell makes a nice one, from time to time.

Some of the 4-12x40 AO hunting scopes, like the Swift Premium or EA Brown 97D, will surprise you with the shots you can make.

I have a 2-7x32 AO Hawke on a .22 now and love it... shooting out to 150+ yards with great precision.

I would put a Vortex Diamondack 2-7x35 or a Burris FFII 2-7x35 on a .22 LR in a minute. Perfect size, sharp, and the stadia work perfectly for 50, 75, 100, 125 and 150 yards.

Last edited:
gaz

I currently have the crossfire 2 6-18x44 on my rimfire. Paid about 160 for it if i remember correctly. Genuinly cannot fault it for the money, optical quality is very good, its fairly good in low/fading light situations (my only other scope to compare it to is a zeiss and it only outlasts the vortex by a fairly small margin)

Its a little eye releif sensative but I think thats more down to the fact its a 6-18 over my 3-12 so naturally it will be.

I would highly reccomend the scope even for double its price however at the sort of price they are an absolute bargain.

If youve got any particualr questions feel free to pm me

cheers

KS

Back