Sako M591

RAS.243

Dear all.

Can anyone give me any info on the Sako M591?

such as where does it fit in the Sako model range, are they well built, reliability and any one got or had one?

many thanks

RAS

I have an M591 in .243, not sure of the production dates, but they have a certain class about them compared to modern Sako rifles which i think are made from inferior steel.

F

Last edited:
I have a left handed one in .22-250 & rate it highly .
Was even very lucky to find a McMillan stock for it
I won't let it go ever

Paul

Hi RAS 243.An excellent rifle as you would expect from Sako.Bought one as a donor rifle and rebarrel led into a 22.250 by Steve Bowers.He said one of the best mass produced actions out there.Also had an amazing walnut stock with fab figuring which I sold on as it would have been a travers ty to have that on a varmint/fox rifle.Replaced by a Macmillan.Punch in sako 591 into Internet and there is a full manual and parts list for it.regards.Richard.

G
have a look at the USA sako owners forum, great guys and loadsofinfo,

Bob

Ps: older sakos are what I would head for if I ever had the money again,

Bob

Many thanks to you all, I guess with all rifles there are followers. Just got a slot for a 22-250 and can't afford a Sauer so thinking Sako. Could go 85 but thought of a M591.

RAS

I have an M591 in .243, not sure of the production dates, but they have a certain class about them compared to modern Sako rifles which i think are made from inferior steel.
F

Where's your evidence for that comment? Or is it just another "they don't make 'em like they used to"?

-JMS

JMS
I'm not a metallurgist, so no evidence as such, just my opinion.
F

I have a 591 (in 7mm08) and three stainless 75s (223, 243, 30-06) and my brother has a wood/blue 75 (in 223). I can that I see any difference in quality between any of them.

-JMS

I had a m591 in .308 it shot flawlessly

the m591 at a guess the newest would be at least 15-20 years old which is not a problem as all sakos are made well

if if its a good price buy it as its worth it just for the action to get re barrelled

if age is a concern buy an 85 it's made just the same l and no less a quality than older ones much to what gets said if sako released a 95 people would say it's not as good as the 85

Back