Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Face mask / veil

Face mask / veil

I wear specs full time and find that when I try to cover my face I end up with fogged up lenses. I have a half veil for nose downwards - no good, and several neck tubes which cause fogging once past the mouth. Interestingly I have a very loose fitting full head mossie net which doesn't cause fogging but the world takes on a delicate green tinge and I have not used it for stalking. Have any shortsighted (very in my case) colleagues out there found a solution out there?

Ion

Try the Jack Pyke lightweight mesh balaclava. The face opening is elasticated and can be pulled down to expose the mouth when using binos if fogging is a problem - probably won't be though as the mesh is quite light, just like a mossie net. matching gloves available as well for summer stalking.

http://www.jackpykeshop.co.uk/light-...balaclava.html

Attachment 56387

daily disposable contact lenses, you will never look back.

I had similar problems and couldn't wear contact lenses so had laser eye surgery 15 years ago. Despite concerns at the time it has been brilliant. I didn't go to a walk in shop but St James Hospital eye clinic Leeds and a consultant not some one who has been on a course! Other better options may well be available now.

Wear a bush hat with a large brim - keeps your face in shadow.

I use a bit of scrim to which I added elastic and velcro, clips around back of my head and is excellent, used this for 30+ years with specs no issue, minimal cost and easy to make.

D

Established Poster
    Could you approach it from a different angle and get some anti-fog coating for your specs?

Quote Originally Posted by Bilge Rat View Post
    Could you approach it from a different angle and get some anti-fog coating for your specs?
    I've tried two diffirent types, both just made my glasses look like I wiped them with a fish and chip wrapper!! not much use, I can't get disposable contacts stron enough which is a pain, I use the scrim net homemade job. I've seen a couple of neoprene half face masks with a gauze panel over the mouth/nose area but have only seen them in black, could do with a cammo version.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post
    I use a bit of scrim to which I added elastic and velcro, clips around back of my head and is excellent, used this for 30+ years with specs no issue, minimal cost and easy to make.

D
    +1 on the scrim method. Cheap and effective.
    There's so many holes that the condensation just doesn't seem to happen and the face is hidden well enough.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    daily disposable contact lenses, you will never look back.
    Not an option if you have astigmatism and short sight. I'm still waiting for the optician to say that there are contacts suitable for me. Regards JCS