Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sydney is a backwater!

Sydney is a backwater!

I am not aware of any cafe or restaurant in Sydney which serves potato bread, never mind an Ulster Fry. To think that we consider ourselves a cosmopolitan city?
    Shame Sydney Shame!

Sharkey
    "Men Who Stare at Deer."

Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
    I am not aware of any cafe or restaurant in Sydney which serves potato bread, never mind an Ulster Fry. To think that we consider ourselves a cosmopolitan city?
    Shame Sydney Shame!

Sharkey
    i am sure they did on coogee beach.

Quote Originally Posted by artschool View Post
    i am sure they did on coogee beach.
    I'll happily cross the harbour for potato bread.
    Please provide more info.

Sharkey

Edit
    My Sydney home is on the northern beaches.
    Farm is in central west NSW.
    Last edited by sharkey; 11-05-2015 at 13:32.
    "Men Who Stare at Deer."

Hey Chuck! Can I get potato bread in Melbourne? I've got this longing ATM that I wont be able to scratch till I get some. Home Sickness? I don't know?

Cheers! Sharkey
    "Men Who Stare at Deer."

"Sydney is a backwater!"

(Try Perth....)
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

Sharkey,are you norn irish,if not its called fadge for an Ulster fry.

Quote Originally Posted by tignme View Post
    Armagh mate, & then here in the 70's. Have never seen potato bread served anywhere, I won't even contemplate finding soda or wheaten bread.

Sharkey
    "Men Who Stare at Deer."

Used to be a 'scottish' butchers up a back road near coggee could get tatty scones, square suasage, Irn bru and tunnocks tea cakes, think he had highland toffee too.
    Used to take a bus there regularly and then when i got a motor used to do runs and clean the boy out

Been almost 20 years since i was there, think it was at the bottom end of the beach u go up a hill and turn right back towards 'the junction', memories a bit fuzzy from those days.
    'm sure some other bit's in about bondi/junction or kings cross might do them. Dunno if any of the irish pubs do breakfast's, Cock and bull mibee

Is there not a shoppng centre somewhere that used to have a scottish shop too somewhere, havenae got a clue where it was thou, think it was inland central syndney somewhere towards the olympic bit, possibly 1 down by the opera house too in that wee touristy shop bit. Used to know every irn bru shop in sydney back in the day
    Last edited by countrryboy; 11-05-2015 at 22:53.

Quote Originally Posted by tignme View Post
    Hi tignme.
    A 'Fadge' has an entirely different meaning here .

Yorkie.

Irish shop on Parramatta Rd Stanmore, also think there is still a Irish shop in Stephen Road Botany sold soda bread fresh plus all the ingredients for you to make your own..
    Melbourne has a place called the Last Jar its homemade Irish food is good, Elisabeth st/rd can't remember but worth the visit.
    Last edited by rick6point5; 11-05-2015 at 23:23.