Mossberg MVP Varmint in .223

Ok then!
In a word? Horrible. Looks cool, feels good. Has a nasty plastic parts where there shouldn't be and the best accuracy I got was 1.4" at 100: my hand loads or factory. There are three 2nd hand ones at the Trading Post. No one had luck with them.~Muir

Ok then!
In a word? Horrible. Looks cool, feels good. Has a nasty plastic parts where there shouldn't be and the best accuracy I got was 1.4" at 100: my hand loads or factory. There are three 2nd hand ones at the Trading Post. No one had luck with them.~Muir

That's a shame, I really liked the concept.

Now got one ....shooting PPU 55g SPs into 1/2" '100m off the Harris....??:british:Selling well at Saddlery and Gunroom too........

Well I ran it in as per the book rather than shoot straight from the box...2xshots &clean,5xshots and clean..up to 10xshots etc.on 55g .223 PPU .......

Well I ran it in as per the book rather than shoot straight from the box...2xshots &clean,5xshots and clean..up to 10xshots etc.on 55g .223 PPU .......

It shot better than if you'd just shot it straight from the box, then? How much of an improvement did you see in group size?;)

Like i said, glad it worked out for you.~Muir

My benchmark was all of the data on the http://www.,the increase in group size was imo due to barrel heating up, I agree that the loose mag fit,thin stock , indifferent blueing, etc can be criticised but it is a budget gun!I only want it as a Muntjac tool,and it is light and compact...plus it has a 1-9 twist so 69g bullets are a possibility....worst group was 11/4" best .375" ...therefore still in the deer kill zone..we shall see ,but thanks for the input..I normally shoot Sauer 202s ,luckily they like PPUs too!

Hoards of Americans seem to love them, and there a few alternatives which take cheap mags of up to 30 rounds, which is why I bought mine. There are many accounts on the interweb of sub MOA accuracy. In any case, not many people can hold even 2 MOA under field conditions. As for plastic parts, my Steyr SSG has a plastic stock, trigger guard and magazine, a rifle costing £1700!

Hoards of Americans seem to love them, and there a few alternatives which take cheap mags of up to 30 rounds, which is why I bought mine. There are many accounts on the interweb of sub MOA accuracy. In any case, not many people can hold even 2 MOA under field conditions. As for plastic parts, my Steyr SSG has a plastic stock, trigger guard and magazine, a rifle costing £1700!
+1!

I managed to get the barrel broken in yesterday and went for a 3 shot group on paper: 0.45"!WP_20150521_19_15_18_Pro.jpg
The trigger helps, it is excellent. I must admit it was recrowned when Brock & Norris threaded it for me.

Great for an untuned budget gun IMHO....I am very happy with my .223..the Muntjac aren,t though !;)

Back