Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: European Reloading Companies

  1. #1
    SD Regular Greener Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Yorkshireman in Darkest Cornwall
    Posts
    2,572

    European Reloading Companies

    I'm after some .448 bullets. Preferably Woodleigh 405gr FP or Hornady 350gr RN.

    I tried Alpin Hunting but after ordering them my money was sent back as they aren't in stock.
    I tried Johanssen Jagd but seems they don't post outside of Germany.

    I've also tried two others. I can't remember their names but they've been mentioned before on here. Sporting something and the other was in Czech Republic. Neither had anything in .458 in stock.

    Any other options?
    Any Questions Feel Free to PM me

  2. #2
    Take a look at eGun.de. There are a few selling them there,notably KASHOGI1

  3. #3
    Why not go direct I am sure they would be happy to help out, www.woodleighbullets.com.au/

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by shooternz View Post
    Why not go direct I am sure they would be happy to help out, www.woodleighbullets.com.au/
    Probably because he would get hit for vat and import duties if he bought outside the EU. Also Woodleigh have agents in the U.K. and they would probably just refer you to them. Woodleigh are quite expensive if bought here in the U.K.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

  5. #5
    SD Regular Greener Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Yorkshireman in Darkest Cornwall
    Posts
    2,572
    I will definitely check out eGun cheers!

    Yes, unfortunately for us, 8x57 is right. I would require export paperwork from Australia aswell which adds to the cost.

    The problem really is that the only UK stockists, Kynamco, aren't really a wholesale or even retail outfit. They are a specialist ammunition maker so you are, in effect, buying their personal stash.
    They'll let you have them but it'll cost you!
    Last time I checked they were £2.50 each. That's over 5 NZD!! Plus £15 ($31.74) postage as they are expanding.

    Really we need a large wholesaler to bring them in.
    Last edited by Greener Jim; 12-05-2015 at 05:39.
    Any Questions Feel Free to PM me

  6. #6
    Not sure if Woodleigh bullets are still available from Reloading Solutions but they used to sell them and MidwayUK also listed them though at quite silly prices.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

  7. #7
    SD Regular Greener Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Yorkshireman in Darkest Cornwall
    Posts
    2,572
    I didn't know reloading solutions used to do them. I'll give them a call. My RFD tried them for Hornady's but not the Woodleighs.

    Yeah MidwayUK used to drop ship them from Europe. Brownells don't even do that
    Any Questions Feel Free to PM me

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Greener Jim View Post
    I didn't know reloading solutions used to do them. I'll give them a call. My RFD tried them for Hornady's but not the Woodleighs.

    Yeah MidwayUK used to drop ship them from Europe. Brownells don't even do that

    You're making life difficult by being so picky.

    It's a Marlin 1895 so if it's only for Roe, as you say, then why not use bullets designed for it?

    The Sierra 300gr HPFN #8900 is much more available. Kranks should have a line on some.

    Product - Sierra Bullets - The Bulletsmiths
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

  9. #9
    SD Regular Greener Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Yorkshireman in Darkest Cornwall
    Posts
    2,572
    I am a little picky!
    It's not a Marlin 1895 though, or a 45-70 for that matter. It's a 45-120 1885 Uberti.
    Unfortunately general consensus is that at top velocities (2400fps or so) the Sierra's are known to expand a little too rapidly.
    Do I need t push them that fast? No, but I want to
    It may not be a problem on Roe but I'd like to be able to use them on everything in the UK and I just don't think the Sierras will do what I want on bigger stuff.

    Kranks don't have any in anyway, they may have some next week but no guarantees.

    May just stump up for some Woodleighs from Kynamco.
    Any Questions Feel Free to PM me

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Greener Jim View Post
    I will definitely check out eGun cheers!

    Yes, unfortunately for us, 8x57 is right. I would require export paperwork from Australia aswell which adds to the cost.

    The problem really is that the only UK stockists, Kynamco, aren't really a wholesale or even retail outfit. They are a specialist ammunition maker so you are, in effect, buying their personal stash.
    They'll let you have them but it'll cost you!
    Last time I checked they were £2.50 each. That's over 5 NZD!! Plus £15 ($31.74) postage as they are expanding.

    Really we need a large wholesaler to bring them in.
    I guess I'm spoilt the NZ distributor is the local Locksmith just 5 mins away, have you thought about casting your own? you can tailor the the lead alloy to your needs soft or hard quite easily
    or are cast projectiles not permited for deer.
    Robert.

Similar Threads

  1. European reloading supplies (especially 7x64)
    By The deer man in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-11-2015, 11:57
  2. european reloading components
    By ndt man in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-12-2012, 18:24
  3. Companies need customers
    By s.stimson in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 16-11-2012, 12:33
  4. Do these companies not realise we are all poor?
    By RED-DOT in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 13-08-2011, 20:27
  5. Sex insurance companies.
    By Uncle Buck in forum Jokes & Funnies
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-02-2011, 11:22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •