Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best dry dog food

Best dry dog food

I know that this has been covered a few times before but what are peoples preferred brands when it comes to dry dog food? Obviously it is the same as most things, you get what you pay for.
    We try to stick to Burns alert, Royal canin or James Wellbeloved. All of these seem to keep our dogs in good shape. We feed a cocker spaniel, border terrier and german wire haired pointer all the same food.
    I would be interested to hear what others are feeding and their reasons why.

Cheers,

Chappie, our dogs do really well on it, and if I remeber rightly, one of the vets on here highly rated it too, plus, it doesn't break th bank. Wouldn't change now, great stuff.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by highland stalker View Post
    I know that this has been covered a few times before but what are peoples preferred brands when it comes to dry dog food? Obviously it is the same as most things, you get what you pay for.
    We try to stick to Burns alert, Royal canin or James Wellbeloved. All of these seem to keep our dogs in good shape. We feed a cocker spaniel, border terrier and german wire haired pointer all the same food.

Cheers,
    +1 for burns alert,we feed our two border terries on it doing well at 9 years old

Skinners duck and rice , my three dogs thrive on it and have tried the more expensive brands ,

Switched back to gusto trying to do a deal on a ton at a time with the manufacturer .
    norma

We have one very fussy eater and one that eats anything. So always James Wellbeloved mixed with a tin of Butchers or whatever is on offer in Tescos, or most of the deer bits but they don't like the liver.Both HWV's. Wf1

I use CSJ, currently feed my lab with their Champ, currently £11.50 for 15kg, my sister in law's finicky lab has done much better since switching to the "Old Champ" option. Everyone will have their own opinions but this may help.

The Dog Food Directory - now listing 1356 dog foods!

You beat me to posting this URL...

We use James Wellbeloved at the moment, but when it's gone, are moving to Millies Wolfheart Farmers Mix on the back of reading through this
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by paul k View Post
    I use CSJ, currently feed my lab with their Champ, currently £11.50 for 15kg, my sister in law's finicky lab has done much better since switching to the "Old Champ" option. Everyone will have their own opinions but this may help.

The Dog Food Directory - now listing 1356 dog foods!
    +1 I feed my Lab CSJ and she does really well on it , a good food in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by highland stalker View Post

Cheers,
    always used hills science, expensive, but good.