vortex or leupold bins?

sportingspaniels

I am buying my dad some binoculars for his birthday. They will be used for bird watching and general wildlife observation. I have seen vortex diamond back 8x42 on offer at £130 and Leupold BX-2 Cascades 8x42 at £189. What pair would be the best quality?. Thanks.

I have the leupolds myself and find them excellent, can't comment on the vortex. I had a pair of leica that to my eyes were not as good an image compared to the leupold. The best binoculars I've ever looked through were a pair of swarovski, incredible clarity but at a price.

Neither, go for minox think sportsman gun centre was selling them for 130 excellent value for money

My dad has never looked through swaro/leica/zeiss so what you have never had you never miss. And they are way out of my price range. I just wondered what the best buy would be for my budget of around £200?.

Having looked through the vortex diamondback range and closely compared them to the minox bv range there is very little between them. I personally went for the minox as they seemed to edge it in terms of clarity and comfort. That been said I dont think your dad is going to complain either way. Vortex do a brilliant lifetime warranty, minox in the bv range do a 30 year warranty (make sure not to get BF range as they have 5year....)

cant talk for the leupold im afraid, however im confident your dad will be blown away by minox or vortex

cheers

KS

I have some vortex diamondbacks. The vortex lifetime warranty is superb ( as are the binos ) I had cause to return them when I broke the strap connector myself. No questions asked and a new pair sent by return of post. Ff

I have a pair of diamondbacks and they are top quality at a good price, lifetime warranty can't be sniffed at.

I had a look through a pair of Vortex's a while back and was quite impressed. Moray Outfitting on here are selling them through their online shop I think. I'd imagine their prices are competitive.

Back