Thread: Worried about being over gunned

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)

Worried about being over gunned

“Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Just after the last leader died, someone was executed by mortar fire for drinking alcohol within 3 months of the death.

It seems it is no place for anyone who does not 'kiss a**' big time, but how you keep on the good side of a madman with childish whim's is beyond me.

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Wonder who he is going to get to ride on the first nuke they launch.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Barbaric. Except the British used to do something very similar in India, mainly to mutinous native soldiers or deserters. Called "blowing from a gun". Here is an account of what happens:

"The prisoner is generally tied to a gun with the upper part of the small of his back resting against the muzzle. When the gun is fired, his head is seen to go straight up into the air some forty or fifty feet; the arms fly off right and left, high up in the air, and fall at, perhaps, a hundred yards distance; the legs drop to the ground beneath the muzzle of the gun; and the body is literally blown away altogether, not a vestige being seen."

Some reports state how birds of prey and dogs hovered around waiting to feed on some of the "distributed" food. Others note that on some occasions witnesses were injured by flying bits of body.

Notably used by the British in the 1857 Indian Mutiny. Reportedly still being used as an execution method in Afghanistan in the 1930's (but not by the British).

The practice became known as being "blown away". So the next time something blows you away, think where the expression came from!