Thread: Suzuki GSX600-F good cheap commuter

Suzuki GSX600-F good cheap commuter

Decided I'd post here before resorting to eBay. I have up for sale my Suzuki GSX600-F, 1998 R reg in red, with approx 46k miles. This has been my second identical bike, both served as all weather commuters and have been absolutely bomb proof reliable. The first had 66k on the clock and still started on the button and pulled like a train. It was lost in a fire and I had no hesitation buying a direct replacement.
    This one I have owned for 3 years, it came to me in unbelievable nearly immaculate condition with only 24k on. During my ownership it has obviously been well used but has also been well looked after. Oil and filter changed ahead of schedule and only premium parts used for any consumables. The chain and sprockets have only done about 400 miles. Tyres are good, Conti Road Attack 2. Bike starts on the button, needs choke if its been stood a while or cold, but not usually. Plugs and battery fairly recent. New air filter late last year. Choke cable replaced when I bought it as it had seized (I imagine it never got used!)
    The bike does show cosmetic signs of daily use. The worst being two stuffs from the zippers on my boots and a couple of thin patches on the paint where my knees have rubbed. There is the usual surface rust on bolt heads, the odd blemish on the swinging arm, etc but nothing structural. Wear to handlebar ends from my gloves, scratches on the belly pan, etc, etc. Nothing major considering the age of the machine.
    Could do with a good clean up but the paintwork underneath is surprisingly bright for its age. Needs the brakes cleaned and fluid changed, and probably new front pads. I did this about 18 months ago, but that probably equates to about 14000 miles! The MOT is due mid June, I can see no reason beyond the brake pads for it to fail. No major advisories last time, or the time before.
    Would make an ideal commuting hack or cheap first bike for a new rider. Could be quite tidy with some time spent.
    I'll take some pictures later, warts and all!

Or you could always streetfighter it

300 or would swap for a .22 maybe with cash adjustment either way. Located in Kidderminster.
    Selling due to lack of need now I've got a new job.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Pm sent
    "If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"

Thanks those people who have PMd, I'm at work now until tomorrow afternoon, then I'll sort some pictures.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    Blog

Hi all,
    The bike is now back up for sale if anybody is still interested.
    I have taken some photos this morning, they're not the best but hopefully will give an idea of the condition of the bike.
    Dropbox - BIKE
    The front brakes, as I said, need pads fitted along with a good clean of the calipers. Last time I did this I went the whole 9 yards with a new seals and rubber kit each side. They can be had from Wemoto.
    I will also include the Haynes manual, and (assuming I can find it in the spare room!) the original owner's handbook. I'll even throw in any chain lube, brake cleaner, bug remover and other paraphernalia that I have left!

One more thing! PLEASE don't say you're going to buy the bike if you are not. The kettle is on if anybody wants to come and have a look, but coming to have a look and "definitely coming to buy it" are not the same thing!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0856.jpg  
    Last edited by SimpleSimon; 24-05-2015 at 06:57.
    Blog

Simon, still interested even after your recent loss of power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bit annoyed given the pm's I sent you about second dibs etc. I only want a commuter for the summer.
    "If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"

Quote Originally Posted by scotch_egg View Post
    Simon, still interested even after your recent loss of power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bit annoyed given the pm's I sent you about second dibs etc. I only want a commuter for the summer.
    To be honest I had that many PMs after second dibs, third dibs etc it became a bit unmanageable! Sorry if you feel I've been unfair! As it stands the bike is still here, and it's yours if you want it. I've had no problems with the electrics since and I think it must have been the side stand switch.
    Blog

Sale now agreed (again!)
    Blog