Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BDS Survey

BDS Survey

I don't know how many of you have completed this.

I just did a couple of days ago. Now, I may be being cynical, but rather than a poll of members to gather useful data around the direction BDS might take in future or crafting a better proposition to the membership, it felt much more like profiling members for the purposes of selling marketing data to suppliers who would see the membership as a key target to flog to....... With a bit of the other stuff thrown in

Any thoughts?

S

I gave them the benefit of my opinion regardless.

atb Tim

Quote Originally Posted by sh1kar View Post
    I don't know how many of you have completed this.

I just did a couple of days ago. Now, I may be being cynical, but rather than a poll of members to gather useful data around the direction BDS might take in future or crafting a better proposition to the membership, it felt much more like profiling members for the purposes of selling marketing data to suppliers who would see the membership as a key target to flog to....... With a bit of the other stuff thrown in

Any thoughts?

S
    Yes, seemed more interested in everything one got up to away from deer rather than deer/stalking itself.
    I can see why they want to understand how we'd like to see improvements in content or delivery but it got to the stage where I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd asked inside leg measurements and preferred airline...

Like you say, though, I filled it in regardless and hope it helps in some way. Who knows, if only the three of us filled it in then we must be in with a good chance of winning those bins!

Quote Originally Posted by Casual-T View Post
    Yes, seemed more interested in everything one got up to away from deer rather than deer/stalking itself.
    I can see why they want to understand how we'd like to see improvements in content or delivery but it got to the stage where I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd asked inside leg measurements and preferred airline...

Like you say, though, I filled it in regardless and hope it helps in some way. Who knows, if only the three of us filled it in then we must be in with a good chance of winning those bins!
    I filled mine in with the same thoughts,which makes only four of us up for the bins.Wf1

Isnt John Swift a part owner of the business and still directing ?
    I believe he is which is why it carries no weight with me.

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post

Thought John Swift used to be at BASC?

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    Business? John Swift? Try again .Wf1

I'm afraid it's 5 in for the bins. I gave them the benefit of my opinions on the bits that matter, the obvious profiling questions I either ignored or lied ... much like most of the electorate questioned by the pollsters, apparently ....

I think it was about understanding the type of members that they have, i.e. all hunting/shooting/fishing types or more diverse.

When did this come about? Had no request to fill in a survey.