Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DSC1 Wish me luck

DSC1 Wish me luck

I'm doing my DSC1 with Pierred this weekend, I'm travelling down tomorrow , doing a stalk for muntjac tomorrow evening and then getting stuck into the course on Sat,

Wish me luck guys and gals

ATB

KJF

Quote Originally Posted by Kjf View Post
    I'm doing my DSC1 with Pierred this weekend, I'm travelling down tomorrow , doing a stalk for muntjac tomorrow evening and then getting stuck into the course on Sat,

Wish me luck guys and gals

ATB

KJF

Remember

Men are Always Alcohloics (August to April)

Women Never March (November to March)

Roe buck Are Odd (April to October)

Worked for me but somhow couldn't include scotland

I found the deer ID surprisingly hard and I hadent focused much on that in my revision.

grainey static pictures of deer being a LOT harder to ID than live deer in an area your expecting a specific specie of said live deer.

ATB

Chasey

you will ace it!!atb doug,
    DONT START

The bit I dreaded the most was shooting the paper but our instructor had three of us do it at the same time so pressure off I did a morcombe and wise dance back from the target arhhhhh relief .
    enjoy it relax !!
    Norma

Cheers Gents,

Im confident in all the areas of the test, ive been listening to the CD in the car, ive been constantly on DSCTraining .org and have read the paperwork many many times. I'm still nervous of doing the shooting test but i have but 300 rounds of ammo thru the 308 over the last 2 weeks practising ,

I hope I pass, i've got the stalking bug tis all I think about. I started my stalking journey last year grassing Roe, red and CWD and have done a few stalks for muntie since then. I just hope it will give me a bit more poke to get into a syndicate, its a calling for me

I love the whole process

Fingers crossed eh

ATB

KJF

Best tip I could give you for the shooting test! Is make sure your rifle is bang dead center at 100 meters..Not shooting high...seen a few boys fail because of that...A lot of stalkers have their rifles 1 1/2 high..that wont give you much room for mistakes on a 4 inch circle.

All the best

Wayne

Good luck. You'll be fine Top instructors there that will put you at ease especially if you bring them kit kat's .

Good luck with your Muntie Stalk
    Last edited by crouch valley; 14-05-2015 at 15:22.

enjoy it its a good experience and youl meet some nice peeps who think like you.