Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BASC Arran

BASC Arran

I noticed the Basc Arran ground is up for tender from the FC
    Although I've never been on it. I hope they regain the lease as generally all the comments have been good about what they do there.

A brilliant we'll run scheme hopefully they will retain it and long continue.
    Ive been going since the scheme started and for the value Theres nothing out there that comes close to the price of it.
    Ive met some really good friends there over the Years and it's now as much a social gathering as well as the stalking.

I noticed the Ferry fares are very much cheaper under this new " road equivalent fare scheme".
    i wonder who subsidies the ferry company?

hope BASC win the tender , as you say it's exceedingly good value.

Quote Originally Posted by ciscokid View Post
    I noticed the Ferry fares are very much cheaper under this new " road equivalent fare scheme".
    i wonder who subsidies the ferry company?

hope BASC win the tender , as you say it's exceedingly good value.
    Scottish Government subsidises.
    An improvement to the Brodick ferry terminal is on the cards to cope with the increase in traffic.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

If BASC win it I'll be back on it!!!! Hope the weather is as good as last year cause a BRAAI/BBQ will be on the cards as always and some hard work to find a well earned Red Deer!!!

seems very strange that it's nearly end of May and the tenders nor started yet, sounds to me more like BASC will not get it this time.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory." LLAP Leonard Nimoy 1931 - 2015

Quote Originally Posted by 375 mag View Post
    seems very strange that it's nearly end of May and the tenders nor started yet, sounds to me more like BASC will not get it this time.
    Not really As FC have only just put it out to Tender due to waiting until after the Election was decided

I think the BASC Arran Scheme is a great idea I have read the tenders and it would need to be BASC or a similar large organisation to take it on. That said this has been running a long long time and has been very successful. It is full of praise from the public brings much needed revenue to rural parts of Scotland. So why has this scheme not been rolled out over more areas in Scotland were government agencies are culling Deer at a massive cost to the public purse.

I used the B.A.S.C. Galloway scheme before the Arran one, a great chunk of ground lost to bloody windmills, I then moved on to the Arran scheme circa 2004/5, a huge loss to stalking for all grades of stalkers if they can't hang on to it, but quite a few more opportunities were missed to obtain ground, due to reasons that would be deleted on here if posted.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Some very valid points there 6pointer I'd hate to think how much money I've spent over the years on the Island.
    I would definitely use other schemes if BASC had more on the main land.