Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: "Any other legal quarry"

"Any other legal quarry"

Just had it from a reliable source, Cheshire are not & will not be applying this new recommendation from ACPO.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

What a suprise
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

I'll be trying Avon & Somerset in a couple of weeks.... watch this space!

(Initial impressions were not good over the phone... "any other legal quarry??.... but that means you could shoot anything!? "

Alex

Funny how things pan out, when they want to refuse you something, they can quote Home office guidlines, but if you quote the guide then they say they are not operating those particular bits, how is it a Chief constable, or more to the point a civil servant downstairs, can decide what part of this or that legislation can or can not be applied, we are all on the one Island are we not?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

They can't seem to get their heads around the fact that the "and any other legal quarry" condition isn't granting 'carte blanche' to shoot anything and everything, neither is it bypassing the requirement to have the 'good reason' primary species.

surely the important part is the "any other legal quarry" so where is the problem? its election time (in case no one noticed) might be worth putting the question to your sitting MP and see if he/she can provide an answer?

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    surely the important part is the "any other legal quarry" so where is the problem? its election time (in case no one noticed) might be worth putting the question to your sitting MP and see if he/she can provide an answer?
    I wouldn't hold your breath though!! I'm staill awaiting a reply from ANY of my local candidates following the 'BASC' e-mail that I sent them weeks ago.... They're probably too busy kissing babies and cluttering up letterboxes with leaflets full of hollow promises to respond to an actual query from an actual voter.
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Has anyone tried writing to Adrian Whiteing (chairman of acpo) asking him why they keep wasting tax payers money having these meetings to come up with new conditions when police forces just keep on ignoring his recomendations. I understand he sent a letter to all uk forces saying that there is no reason that smaller pest species should not be shot with larger calibers and that any other legal quarry as a condition would be an acceptable way of applying this. My force has turned me down for this to and i am in the proccess of getting this decision overturned.

Remi, does this mean we will see you playing the part of Samson?

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Remi, does this mean we will see you playing the part of Samson?
    I don't think so. They have already put this condition on a mate's ticket in the same force area but they "can't discuss individual case's with you". I have writen asking for their objections to this condition for myself in writing. Then i will write a letter of complaint to the chief constable and Adrian Whiteing and ask for a senior officer review.
    BASC can't or wont get involved as they have to "look at the bigger picture". There's a surprise.

atb
    paul