Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Somchem S365

  1. #1

    Somchem S365

    Anybody know whether Somchem S365 is available in the UK or is Somchem even imported into the UK?

  2. #2
    Would be great if we could get it. It's cheap as chips in South Africa about 15 for a tin.

  3. #3
    It would be good. A friend of mine, a PH in S.Africa, uses it in his 7x64. Very accurate powder, I've seen the results.


    Quote Originally Posted by takbok View Post
    Would be great if we could get it. It's cheap as chips in South Africa about 15 for a tin.

  4. #4
    Somchem has been taken over by a German company, Rheinmetall. I wonder if they bring it to Germany or sell it to any of the German manufacturers?

    I'm always amazed at the variety of products that are produced by the Denel companies - PMP ammo, Somchem powder etc. It seems good quality stuff.

  5. #5
    I was in contact with one of their (Somchem) Tech's roughly two years ago..... Really helpful to deal with and gave freely of some very useful info that you wouldn't normally find in a manual.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratwhiskers View Post
    I was in contact with one of their (Somchem) Tech's roughly two years ago..... Really helpful to deal with and gave freely of some very useful info that you wouldn't normally find in a manual.
    Did you find Somchem here in the UK? Takbok, yes Rheinmetall is fairly diverse, I would be surprised if Somchem is not available in Germanyand if a line of trade was set up with Somchem, availability of powders here in the UK would change and not be so reliant on US sourcing.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by takbok View Post
    Would be great if we could get it. It's cheap as chips in South Africa about 15 for a tin.
    Sad fact is the regulatory environment of the UK would soon put that price on par with Viht.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by The deer man View Post
    Did you find Somchem here in the UK? Takbok, yes Rheinmetall is fairly diverse, I would be surprised if Somchem is not available in Germanyand if a line of trade was set up with Somchem, availability of powders here in the UK would change and not be so reliant on US sourcing.
    We're not nearly as reliant on American companies as we once were. We have ranges from:

    Lovex (Explosia a.s., Czech Republic)
    Reload Swiss (Nitrochemie Wimmins AG, Switzerland)
    SNPE / Vectan (France / Belgium)
    Ramshot (imported directly by Henry Krank from PB Clermont in Belgium and by agreement bypassing the Ramshot marque owner Western Powders in the US)
    Vihtavuori (Finland)

  9. #9
    I agree with Laurie at this point, with the range of powders availably already you will be able to achieve any loading you could possibly need.

    My contact with Somchem involved providing answers to a Gent already in Africa who was just starting down the reloading route and needed advice for what he could get locally. A reverse of the situation here......

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •