Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roe Mount just got on may wall!!!

Roe Mount just got on may wall!!!

I needed something to keep my muntjac and Chinese water deer mounts company.

I shot a roe buck a few years ago which has been measured as a bronze CIC medal, I then decided I wanted it mounted, I shot a buck in the summer last year so I could get a donor cape for my taxidermist to use.

I used the same taxidermist as usual and he has turned out a world class mount, which to be honest is to be expected. Every time I visit the studio and see the amazing mounts he has completed or is in progress, on my drive home I day dream of the day I take some of the species that he has mounted from around the world.

I hope everyone also enjoys gazing at the mounts, like I am doing sat here right now as I type.

Those are fantastic quality mounts! Who's the taxidermist?

I like the use of a branch; coupled with the turn on the neck, it makes it rather distinctive. Great job, and well done!
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

very nice, although for my taste, (and I know it is personal preference), but the front leg looks a bit like it was an amputee.....

in the words of monty python, 'I have nothing against your left leg sir, but unfortunately, neither do you.....'
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

very nice,what happened too the tick!
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 15-05-2015 at 17:18.
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    Those are fantastic quality mounts! Who's the taxidermist?
    The taxidermist is Steve Newcombe of Outwoods Taxidermy.

Steve has won many awards in the last 10 years.

In February 2012 Steve won the World Taxidermy Championship in Salzburg Austria with his entry into "Large Game Head", he won it with a a pedestal mount of male and female pronghorn antelope.

He also won 2nd place with a chinese water deer shoulder mount and 3rd place with a lifesize lynx.

http://outwoodstaxidermy.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    I like the use of a branch; coupled with the turn on the neck, it makes it rather distinctive. Great job, and well done!
    Cheers Merlin, I have asked that Steve can keep with the theme and for some other work in progress, he is also going to use driftwood.

I have a mouflon and beceite ibex in with him at the moment. I will post some photos of the mouflon very very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    very nice, although for my taste, (and I know it is personal preference), but the front leg looks a bit like it was an amputee.....

in the words of monty python, 'I have nothing against your left leg sir, but unfortunately, neither do you.....'
    A few mates have also commented the same. I perosnally really like it that way. My next mount I may actually have the full front leg on it, hoof and all.

When I go on my Aoudad/Barbary sheep hunt in July either this year or next (that is assuming I am lucky enough to get one), I will have a half mount, so both full front legs will be in that one. Due to the amazing beard these animals have the only way to have it "stuffed" is to have a half mount, in my opinion. They had an amazing Aoudad/Barbary sheep half mount in the lodge I stayed on on my recent hunt in South Africa.
    Last edited by 270Buck; 15-05-2015 at 12:29.

I look forward to seeing your Ibex, I may have to use Steve if I'm successful on my trip for one!

Truly A Work Of Art, have just shown this to my friend and he was amazed at the Detail.

Quote Originally Posted by shotguntom View Post
    I look forward to seeing your Ibex, I may have to use Steve if I'm successful on my trip for one!
    Steve is using my ibex for the world show in 2016. I am having it as a pedestal mount with rockwork on the scalloped back. The rocks will be made to match the rock colour and formation in that area in Spain. When it's done Tom, your welcome to come round to have a look at the mount.

Quote Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
    Truly A Work Of Art, have just shown this to my friend and he was amazed at the Detail.
    i will pass on your regards to Steve.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by 270Buck View Post
    Steve is using my ibex for the world show in 2016. I am having it as a pedestal mount with rockwork on the scalloped back. The rocks will be made to match the rock colour and formation in that area in Spain. When it's done Tom, your welcome to come round to have a look at the mount.
    Yes, I would be up for that. It may help give me some ideas on what to do with mine. Cheers!