Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FC Handloads

FC Handloads

FC is / has banned Handloads from their ranges and new leases!
    Kind Regards
    Cranhill

Quote Originally Posted by Cranhill View Post
    I fully understand why!
    Two stalking friends -who will remain unnamed- kindly offered to do some home-loading for me. They produced irregular batches where even with the naked eye it was possible to see that the bullets were seated at a different depth. Some bullets I could not even fully feed into the barrel, so...hmm.
    I have also seen on ranges that those who use home-loads do not necessarily produce better groups than those who buy standard factory amo.
    Obviously there will be many who do home-load correctly and have superior results, but I have made my decision and will stick to (proven) and quality-controlled factory amo.
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hamburger View Post
    I fully understand why!
    Two stalking friends -who will remain unnamed- kindly offered to do some home-loading for me. They produced irregular batches where even with the naked eye it was possible to see that the bullets were seated at a different depth. Some bullets I could not even fully feed into the barrel, so...hmm.
    I have also seen on ranges that those who use home-loads do not necessarily produce better groups than those who buy standard factory amo.
    Obviously there will be many who do home-load correctly and have superior results, but I have made my decision and will stick to (proven) and quality-controlled factory amo.
    Don't be fooled into thinking "Factory" offerings are immune to defects.Steve.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

That's you should only use your own home loads.
    Kind Regards
    Cranhill

Best keep a few factory ammo boxes but I'm going to struggle in finding a supply of "250 Klenchbalize" so somewhat stuffed I fear!

K

Quote Originally Posted by Cranhill View Post
    how can they possibly police that?
    I use Norma brass in norma boxes and Hornady interlocks look like every other soft point

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    how can they possibly police that?
    That's what I wondered too. My reloads are all using once-fired federal brass............to all intents and purposes they look identical to factory rounds
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Tumble polish cases in stainless media after FL sizing , keep in "Factory" boxes. --- Makes it harder to see if they are reloads or not!

So what about getting bullets from "professional" loading companies like HPS??? - Are these to be defined as "factory ammo"??

Stupid rule - It will also be ten times as stupid if the FC insist on lead free ammo which is hard enough to find now with the wonderous trade distributors we have in the UK.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Yorric View Post
    Tumble polish cases in stainless media after FL sizing , keep in "Factory" boxes. --- Makes it harder to see if they are reloads or not!

So what about getting bullets from "professional" loading companies like HPS??? - Are these to be defined as "factory ammo"??

Stupid rule - It will also be ten times as stupid if the FC insist on lead free ammo which is hard enough to find now with the wonderous trade distributors we have in the UK.

Ian
    FC have already trialled mono's.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

TBH they're probably not that bothered what ammo you're actually using. The act that they have banned non factory means that if you defy the ban and setting bad happens as a result........ The buck will stop with you!