Very Peased with my Buck

A second Buck from one particular area of a local piece of ground, I have used Google maps and the surrounding area must be where they are coming from.
Over time the tell tale marks of Bucks have appeared along the headlands, coupled with some trail cam pictures have given me the edge you need.
Having said that you still have to put the time in….

This Buck was following a Doe who was not hanging around! Open ground in front of me with the only cover was a pylon around 90 yards from me, so I used it as best I could, keeping it between me and the pair when they moved I did!
I was around 20 yards from my steel cover and 130-140 to the Buck who had stopped and was looking in my direction, so the rifle went on my sticks, the Doe moved off but he was still looking my way…She had the right idea as her would be partner was not going to catch her up.
001_zpszzeosvcp.jpg
003_zpsuj4rk68a.jpg
004_zpshmie48jt.jpg

Tim.243

Some people may see them as pests or vermin but I think they're one of our best looking deer and really look forward to the day I get to shoot and eat one.

Some people may see them as pests or vermin but I think they're one of our best looking deer and really look forward to the day I get to shoot and eat one.

Cant see how they could be classed as pests as they are Deer, they could well be a nuisance in large numbers but they do provide good income for those who have guests wanting to roll one over.

I like the fillets and always have a pan ready when I take one out of the chillier to butcher...

Tim.243

Good result!:thumb:
Looks like another set of Monkey Sticks put to good use too!:cool:
MS

Ah the B&Q Quads......On my second set as the first got wiped out....:cry:

I remember Werner (SA Shooter) giving me them to try out....took me about a week to get used to them, best bit of kit in my shooting stuff...

Tim.243

Well done Tim, lovely buck and great write-up/pics, always good to see :tiphat:

Cheers Tim, As I just posted they scurry around! you can be looking in one spot and next in the corner of your eye. I waited for over an hour and a half in the same spot, for it to be all over in less than 2 minutes including taking the shot. The hard bit is pacing yourself getting to a shooting position over open ground lol

Tim.243

Very nice write up and great photos as usual. Just a shame we don't have them up here as they look magnificent wee beasts

Ta very much, I only eat the fillets!! The rest is given away...or the old barter system came into play the other day with some fresh skate wings for a rear hock!

Tim.243

very nice tim, i thought i saw a solitary muntie on our old pheasant shoot but it was that quick it could have been anything,maybe next year i will book a session somewhere south we will see,atb doug:thumb:

Back