pepper corns and coffee granules

weeman

Hi,
Other week mrs arrived home having been to local farm shop. Among several items purchased was to skewer beef kebabs. Flavour was cracked black pepper corns and coffee granules marinated. On bbq and eaten. At first wasn't keen on them, but then I was. Infact couldn't make my mind up.
However I thought I'd try and do my own. Bought mixed pepper corns and some decent quality coffee granules.
I kind gent on here few weeks back given me a sika joint defrosted that and in a mortal and pestal grounded up the pepper corns mixed the coffee in which it by hand. I enjoy the heat from pepper so plenty in.
Diced the joint up and marinated for 24 hours. When placed on the bbq, you could smell the smokey coffee and the pepper. Upon eating they tasted even better than other ones. The coffee really enhanced the flavor into a gorgeous smoked taste where the pepper corns added amazing flavours making the meat amazing.
I highly recommend this

Do you add anything else to the marinade or just the coffee and peppercorns mate?

A little olive oil, sea salt. I allowed plenty of cracked pepper corns to provide taste and heat and the coffee provided aroma and taste.
I held some granules in my hand sprinkle in over the meat rubbing between my fingers and thumb. I'm not one to weightings unfortunately.

Is that instant coffee granules or ground coffee beans?

I used instant coffee might work grounding coffee beans up. The smell is amazing provide in a rich deep smokey effect right through leaving a nice taste on the pallet.

Thinking of it a nice sorbet after would probably complement it nicely

Is that instant coffee granules or ground coffee beans?

I used instant coffee might work grounding coffee beans up. The smell is amazing provide in a rich deep smokey effect right through leaving a nice taste on the pallet.

Whats your name Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall :D

Coffee is used in a lot of American BBQ and smoking. Some absolutely dynamite sauces that have coffee in them. Pulled pork or if anyone has a slab of wild boar for a roast it would be the danglers for a dry rub. Pinterest is a great place for sauce recipes.

Back