Thread: Todays equivalent of 7 x42 Zeiss bgat dialyt binoculars

Todays equivalent of 7 x42 Zeiss bgat dialyt binoculars

I was reviewing the all risks section of my household insurance. My 7 x 42 Zeiss BGAT late 80's vintage are insured for eu 1700 ( which converts to 1236!). On the face of it that seems to be an adequate sum if not actually over valued. In the unlikely event that I make a claim and the company go down the route of providing new for old what is the equivalent in todays Zeiss range.
    Just thinking out loud as I hope my 7 x 42 will celebrate their 30th birthday with me.

Ion

They still make that model, but only in 8x56. They don't have a 7x in their range (neither do Swarovski) but Leica do. I suppose you would be looking at a Zeiss HT or SF as a current replacement but 1200 replacement value is a little low.

Quote Originally Posted by ion View Post
    I was reviewing the all risks section of my household insurance. My 7 x 42 Zeiss BGAT late 80's vintage are insured for eu 1700 ( which converts to 1236!). On the face of it that seems to be an adequate sum if not actually over valued. In the unlikely event that I make a claim and the company go down the route of providing new for old what is the equivalent in todays Zeiss range.
    Just thinking out loud as I hope my 7 x 42 will celebrate their 30th birthday with me.

Ion
    I put mine down too same value as a new pair now adays would cost. Mine swaro 7x42 so no longer made either. So i looked at next thing i thought was closest and that was 8x42slc so if the bad happens i can be happy i wud get a new pair of same quality even if not same model exactly
    Always think before you pull that trigger.

There is no equivalent of the Zeiss 7x42 BGAT. I have had a pair for 16 years, and found my father a new in box pair for his 70th birthday 6 years ago. If you see a pair get hold of them.