Thread: 204 or Wildcat

204 or Wildcat

I've got this .20 Calibre itch that's been bugging me for a while so I really need to scratch it to sort it out one way or the other.
    Question is do I go 204 or any of the Wildcats ? Taking everything into consideration is there any reason both for and against why I should choose one over the other ?
    I reload so that wont be a problem and I know the ballistics between them are pretty similar but is it worth the hassle of getting a .20 wildcat built when I can go and buy a 204 off the shelf ? I know the main difference will be cost but I already have a donor rifle so that im not worried about, Ive read about the 204 brass availability thing with the 204 but I don't shoot that many rounds so hopefully that wont be a problem I am leaning heavily towards one of the wildcats (.20 practical) but just thought I would throw the question out there for general consumption.
    One thing I did notice recently is the length of the barrel on a factory 204 I don't know how long it was but im guessing it was at least 23/24" I would prefer something a bit shorter which im guessing I could specify with a wildcat build but would that lead to trade off in real world performance ?
    I hate itch's they drive me mad..!

.20 practical, i have always wanted one, but no funds to do it. but seems a great round. what ever you get, you wont be disappointed.

Whichever you fancy, but if possible pick one that is formed from .223 or .222 as at least brass supplies are not limited.

Neil.

Just go for the 204. Off the shelf sako or tikka.

Both me and a mate shoot with .204 rifles this calibre is one of the most accurate rifles we have shot accounting for loads of foxes I shot a fox at 350 yards dropping it on the spot no problem This is what happens to a pigeon at 200 yard..... thanks rem
    Last edited by 204rem; 17-05-2015 at 13:25.

Tikka 204

I wish I still had my Ruger .204.....awesome round !

20 Tac. Despite the awful name, it's as practical as the 20 Prac. No matter what you read, Tac brass forms from 223 with a single pass through the FL die. The Dakota brass is superb and I am so impressed by the calibre that I will soon have a second built.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by 20-250 View Post
    20 Tac. Despite the awful name, it's as practical as the 20 Prac. No matter what you read, Tac brass forms from 223 with a single pass through the FL die. The Dakota brass is superb and I am so impressed by the calibre that I will soon have a second built.
    I love the 20 tactical so much I have 2 of them,

20" barrelled 1/12 twist sako s491 nv'd up with a drone 10x and a t67 ir.

And a new tikka 595 22" barrel 1/11 beed blasted stainless action and barrel, And I am dying to get my hands on to get it set up,(still sat at my rfd waiting to be collected)

been a user now for a few years and love it,( I have had 3 in total) I have formed brass from 223 to 20 tac but the Dakota brass is spot on...I like that so much I have 500 cases here so I never run short. buy once buy large quantities

bring on Saturday night first time out shooting for 8 weeks

bob.
    Last edited by bobjs; 20-05-2015 at 10:48.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube