Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fac application quick question

fac application quick question

During the fac application process, I put down two suitable people as referees. One has just been contacted by phone the other is on holiday so presume the feo has left a message to get back to them.

Are referees only contacted by phone or are they sent a form as well to complete sign and return. Just wanted to let my referees know what is expected from them. Thanks

Regards sbm

it used to be that the refs had to fill their own slips in and sign/post etc ,but im nearly sure thats changed now,
    DONT START

From what I remember you now just put their details on the one form. Both my referees were contacted by phone.

Thanks for your replies, I will pass this onto my referees. Regards sbm

Quote Originally Posted by andreas1980 View Post
    From what I remember you now just put their details on the one form. Both my referees were contacted by phone.
    Wow! that makes a change, many have said that their referrees have not been contacted, including one of my mates who renewed with West Mercia earlier this year.

Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    Wow! that makes a change, many have said that their referrees have not been contacted, including one of my mates who renewed with West Mercia earlier this year.

Ian.
    West mercia didn't contact either of my references on my first grant this year, but they did contact Barry who was/is the provider of most of my stalking outings (in fact, it seems as if the FEO must have parked up outside, phoned Barry and then come knocking on my door)
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Quick phone call by all intents... My referees were both contacted by phone and just asked 'do you know him?' and that was it!!!!

All boils down to the force/FEO/current workload etc..

New application process is just a meter of naming refs the foe will contact them.

Smile

Phone is the norm these days. Unless the reply the FEO gets on the phone is: "Who? You're not giving him a gun licence are you?".
    in which case, he might get a visit. ��

I've signed lots of forms as referee and never been contacted.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.