Thread: Latest relaod bullet drop 6.5

Latest relaod bullet drop 6.5

Just loaded up some 120 grain pro hunters in 6.5 x 55 with 49 grain of Vit 160, chrono at around 2900ps. Had the following.

zero 150 yard

@ 200 yard drop was 1.5-2 inch low

@ 300 yard drop was 12 inch low

@ 100 yard more just under an inch high.

Im guessing thats about the resuts I should be getting? Would I be correct?

I also had a few rounds fly either left or right of my point of aim and slighty high, would this be trigger snatching or maybe the barrel starting to warm up??

Ta

Pete

sounds good. Factory federals with 140grn bullets with a 100yd zero were giving me a 5 inch drop at 200 yds, so your reloads seem to offer a much flatter trajectory.

What primers were you using, as i have the brass, same heads and powder on order.

cheers

Stu

Stu

Im using cci primersand have taken the load to over 50 grain with no pressure signs,the only warning signs I had was at the lower end of the scal around 36 grain when I got alot of blackening far down the case body.
    V160 seems a really good powder, I had used varget before but this powder seems far better and cleaner burning.Rilfe is a ikka T3lite.
    The code for the bullet heads I used is Sierra 1720 and they seem as accurate as the match round.

Good luck with loads

pete

Try sighting in "American" style: Three inches high at 100 yards. That will flatten out your end game quite a bit.~Muir

Have you tried entering your load details in this; http://www.norma.cc/javapage_US2.asp?Lang=2

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.