Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rifle purchase abroad

Rifle purchase abroad

I am going to treat myself to a new rifle, the rifle in question will be a Merkel Helix in 30-06. I have a slot on my FAC but want to buy it in France or Germany as the Euro is good, there is quite a saving to be had. I will also be in the wife's good books as we will have a weekend away. Can any one advise me on the paper work needed and any likely problems. Contact with some one who has actually bought abroad would be great. I travel abroad with a rifle Boar hunting so I know all the airport and airline procedure. I will probably drive over to pick up the rifle. If any one can recommend a dealer/shop that wood be good to
    Thanks
    Nick

I did the same thing, had a slot on my FAC, went to Germany, bought a 30.06.I put it on my FAC myself the gunshop stamped it and gave me a bill of sale. When I got home I informed my FLO, you could always contact them first and take their advice.
    Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake..

When was that munty1? I only ask as every dealer in Germany I have contacted and friends experiences too, have said they need to see an export certificate, but, no such thing exists (checked with hmrc and police etc) but it it a bit of a brick wall if they won't part with it......
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

All dealt with on this thread with references and contacts: http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...-Boar-in-Czech

Suggest you obtain the 'import licence not required for UK' email or letter from our Import Licensing Branch of the Dept BIS and get that to your chosen retailer along with the supporting UK documentation stating same. If they can't understand the ramifications of the EU Weapons Directive, or are unwilling to check their end, you'll have an uphill struggle. If you keep at it then the rewards can make it worthwhile.

BTW. Have you looked at Frankonia Jagd for pricing? They have offers on some models of the Helix, (the SWF5 driven rifle is particularly attractive in that respect), know that your UK FAC is all that is required at this end, and will ship direct to you in the UK for around 130 euro plus 30-40 euro for the Transfer Licence: http://www.frankonia.de/search.html?query=Merkel+Helix

Yes good advice I will contact my FLO but something tells me I might know more than them There are a couple of export licence forms you can download from the German Egun site. It will be possible just a bit of paper work

Wow, thanks Orion plenty of reading and great info
    Thanks
    Nick

There is a government department that deals with this I thing it is called the Dept.of Business skills and they use the SPIRE system for import and export.When I took mine abroad I did not need a license for personal use , but The Spanish would not accept this and this department sorted it out for me.
    Their no is or was 2 years ago 02072155000.They should be able to tell you what is needed if anything by either France or Germany.They were really helpful .

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Bali View Post
    Wow, thanks Orion plenty of reading and great info
    Thanks
    Nick
    You're welcome.

If you decide to enquire or purchase with Frankonia give me a PM and I'll dig out the details of the guy in their sales dept who is au fait with the UK import requirements, (or lack of them!).

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    When was that munty1? I only ask as every dealer in Germany I have contacted and friends experiences too, have said they need to see an export certificate, but, no such thing exists (checked with hmrc and police etc) but it it a bit of a brick wall if they won't part with it......
    Some time ago, went through all the bits about export licences, but these are for people who do not have a licence to hold a Firearm (Postman ect) . As you have a FAC with a slot on it that should be all you need, although someone in some department will try and make it as complicated as they can.
    Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake..

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    You're welcome.

If you decide to enquire or purchase with Frankonia give me a PM and I'll dig out the details of the guy in their sales dept who is au fait with the UK import requirements, (or lack of them!).
    Will do
    Nick