Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More piss poor service from sportsmans gun centre

More piss poor service from sportsmans gun centre

I ordered a pair of Leica geovid 8x42 HD-b bins on the 12/04.
    When I ordered them it said online that they where in stock, and would be delivered in 3-5days.
    Sortly after I get an email to say they are on a back order and will be 10days, if I want a refund I should contact them. So I think that annoying, I should have ordered them else where for the same money, though I can't be bothered with the hastle of cancelling the order, I'll wait.
    I don't hear anything till last Monday, when they phone me up and say they have finally arived and will be sent out the next day. A package arrives on Wednesday and to my disappointment, it's a pair of hd-r's and an invoice for the hd-b's. Muppets!!!
    I returned these on Thursday and am awaiting replacements.

I bought my swaros from sportsmans and they arrived next day. But I have heard other similar stories like yours.

I have been told that SGC are closing the Warden Hill shop, because Southern Counties Shooting has closed, and moving to Yeovil. Parking????

I can't think of anywhere in Yeovil that could facilitate such a set up as Southern Counties Shooting Ground so that should be interesting.
    I was at the SGC Warden hill a couple of weeks ago, to get some money back on an item that was sold to me 'at trade price' instead of an item being replaced under guarrantee, and was told that the SCSG was moving 'around the corner a bit' no mention of Yeovil or any indication of where 'around the corner a bit' actually was.

I hadn't heard that Southern Counties Shooting was moving to Yeovil, but there is a new roadside sign just down the A37 pointing to 'Dorset Shooting School'.

Should have gone to Optics Warehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEROLL View Post
    Should have gone to Optics Warehouse.
    Optics warehouse want some 400 quid more for a new pair and they have to order them in.
    I should have gone here

Leica - Northern Optics and Accessories

If you need good binos go to South West Optics in Truro. The birders and twitchers trade in and upgrade so you can often get premium glass at much reduced price. I paid about 600 for my Leicas and they were spotless. Worth a look and closer than Exeter.

http://www.swoptics.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by JTO View Post
    I hadn't heard that Southern Counties Shooting was moving to Yeovil, but there is a new roadside sign just down the A37 pointing to 'Dorset Shooting School'.
    The Yeovil rumour has been going round for a couple of years now ever since the troubles at southern counties started, I can't think of anywhere suitable unless its on one of the industrial estates and I would have thought it would be a limited audience for it, the more likely thing would be for them to literally pop down and across the road a bit to the new Dorset Shooting School which has been setup by a couple of the ex southern counties employees, its only a part time site at the moment with monthly comps and Sportsman would gain their captive audience back as the last few times I've popped in there's been more staff than customers. Actually when I drove past on Saturday i'm sure the shop sign had disappeared from the gates but the website still shows the old advert that they are still open.

I had this recently too, ordered a pair of Minox for my father, I think they were supposed to be BVs, same as mine, but when they came they were BFs or BRs - I can't remember which. Phoned them up and they fobbed me off that they were the same, I couldn't be arsed to send them back - but you'd think its not hard to send out what was ordered - even said I wasn't the first to phone up and question it!