Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Mobile telephones question

A Mobile telephones question

Seeing as how I am no good with mobile phones and the one I use would not look out of place in a museum, I need a word of advice from those in the know about technology type things.

Have been offered 2 mobile phones as an upgrade (well I can have 1 or the other not both) one is an HTC tattoo and the other is an HTC Touch2

Can anyone tell me if one is better than the other in its operating system. Tattoo appears to work on android and Touch2 on windows if that means something to anyone.

As long as it makes calls, sends texts and allows me to download pointless applications I will be happy

Well, as someone who works for a mobile phone company (athough I don't work in the handsets or retail side of things) I would pick the Tattoo. Windows phones suffer badly from bugs and security issues. Android is much better. The only drawback to the Tattoo is that the touchscreen needs a lot of pressure to work - you have to use your fingernail rather than the pad of your finger.

Not used either, but I'd go for the Tattoo... I too used to work for a mobile phone company too, not that we did Android phones, quite the opposite in fact!
    Last edited by stig; 08-04-2010 at 19:44.

cheers, I was a bit worried about the tattoo as I heard you could not watch youtube and the like on it. Do you know if thats true?

And there was me, logging on and expecting to get some vibes about stalking deer !

What has this thread got do with that !

Get a life boys.......If you want to get info on mobile phones, go to a mobile phone forum FFS !

Rocky
    Last edited by rockingod; 08-04-2010 at 20:04. Reason: spelling mistake
    The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple

I don't think Youtube is a problem - according to the HTC website it's a supported app:

Value Added Applications HTC Sense™, HTC widget, HTC Scenes, HTC Sync, Microsoft® Exchange synchronization, Google Search™, Youtube™, Gmail™, Google Talk™, Android Market™, Weather, Footprints, Twitter Peep, Smart Dialer.

Several review websites show the Tattoo working with Youtube, and there are plenty of blog entries saying that it works OK (although they do say that the iPhone is better)...

Quote Originally Posted by rockingod View Post
    And there was me, logging on and expecting to get some vibes about stalking deer !

What has this thread got do with that !

Get a life boys.......If you want to get info on mobile phones, go to a mobile phone forum FFS !

Rocky
    It has nothing to do with stalking whatsoever well down with your observation skills. That is why it is in the general section and not any of the other ones the majority of which are deer related. If you want to be picky and get your post count up perhaps you should look at all of the other sections and criticize others as well and make yourself feel better. The reasons there are titles on topics are so you can choose which intrest you, if this one doesnt then read another where someone else may love to hear your gems of wisdom.

Thank you Pippa and Stig your constructive help has been appreciated, I was thinking the tattoo and that pretty much decides it for me.

David 1976

Excuse me but.........

This whole site is about STALKING DEER.

STALKING DEER is not a subsection on here .....

It's not about shooting in general....It's not about mobile phones........It's not about anything apart from STALKING DEER and it does say that at the top of the home page....THE HOME OF UK DEER STALKING !

Am I getting this wrong or am I now on a forum that deals with everything (apart from DEER STALKING that is)

Rocky
    The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple

Mobile phones are a big part of modern life, and an essential part of any stalkers safety gear. Ever been out without one and gotten into a sticky situation, needing to call for help? Outside of that, David was also checking that his choice would support Youtube - a useful reference for shooting videos, as well as for viewing footage of stalks, grallochs and other stalking-related videos. HTC phones also have a number of ballistics apps that help any shooter with guaging shot drop over known distances, never mind the ones for reloaders. The day they integrate a rangefinder into a mobile phone will be a happy day for many stalkers...
    Last edited by Pippa; 08-04-2010 at 20:44. Reason: spelling...