Humane Dispatch Pistol Question

bewsher500

Those that have one that is NOT aligned to work/employment (i.e. Slaughtermen, Vets, Pest Controllers etc)

Do you have restrictions on WHERE you can use it? i.e. detailed location restrictions?

when I renewed my fac the FEO stated that if I wanted a humane dispatch pistol on my ticket the chief constable would fight it tooth and nail , no way would he allow it under any cicumstance, I told him no problem as I didn't want one anyway, but the remark stuck in my mind ...... this was Fife btw

Well I have one but I am told that as it is not used for my employment it has to be restricted to specified locations....
how fecked up is that?!

So,in fact they have allowed the Pistol but the conditions have made it unusable? i don't think that is allowed/legal..

Are none of you in SACS cos I am sure they would love to hear about this,or is it just us South of the border that uses them?

The bit that concerns me is that I am being told an "employed" pest controller would have an open condition as it is a tool of their employment.

now my argument..I mean structured question..was that the relationship between me and "my client" whether paid or unpaid is quite frankly none of the Police's business and of no relevance
Any more than the relationship between me and anyone who gives me authority to shoot on their land be they paid or not

Surely once good reason is established as per guidance then it should not have further restrictions allowed as per guidance states. also to condition to the point it can't be used goes against guidance as well. Have you been granted the sect 5 and this has come back with these condition?

no scottish HD pistol holder?
Got a humane killer when I was registered as a terrier man with a pack when I was in England the first time, had no area restriction, moved to back to Scotland, no restrictions, moved back to England, still no restrictions. Derbyshire, Lothian and Borders, Highland and Lancashire police forces.

Back