Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: LACS starting Hunting Act campaign

  1. #1

    LACS starting Hunting Act campaign

    In their opening salvo against the repeal of the Hunting Act LACS have made the statement that there have been 400 successful prosecutions under the Act, is this correct?

  2. #2
    Numbers appear to vary, the most I have found is 380, but they have not removed the cases overturned on appeal, most are for poaching .

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Numbers appear to vary, the most I have found is 380, but they have not removed the cases overturned on appeal, most are for poaching .
    Certainly in Hampshire, they find the Hunting Act very useful for going after poachers.

  4. #4
    Acording to the CA a little less than 3% of sucesful prosecutions have involved hunts. The other 97% relate to prosecutions for poaching and the like.

    So, to me, that looks like 3.8 hunts prosecuted in 10 years.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieT View Post
    Acording to the CA a little less than 3% of sucesful prosecutions have involved hunts. The other 97% relate to prosecutions for poaching and the like.

    So, to me, that looks like 3.8 hunts prosecuted in 10 years.
    Money well spent then pmsl
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

    BUY BRITISH !!!!

  6. #6
    It would be funny but its our bloody money they are wasting

  7. #7
    How do you prosecute 0.8 of a hunt?
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

    Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

  8. #8
    The fox couldn't identify the hounds in a line up so the pack was let off

  9. #9
    Regular Poster KBar1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Suffolk [North; where the pines and pigs are]
    Posts
    344
    The police like using the Hunting Act against poaching as it means they can seize vehicles, as opposed to a straight fine under other legislation

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by long_range_rob View Post
    How do you prosecute 0.8 of a hunt?
    I want to know what happened to the other .2 of the Hunt , Were they the informants the police allowed to escape? (Sorry about this but I needed it for my 30 posts !!!!! )
    Last edited by TonyR; 20-05-2015 at 13:32.

Similar Threads

  1. Repeal of the Hunting Act
    By mudman in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 23-05-2015, 20:11
  2. Lead Campaign
    By news of the world in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 04-07-2013, 10:26
  3. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-10-2012, 17:01
  4. A new campaign group
    By Hereford bull in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-09-2012, 12:06
  5. Hunting Act
    By macberran in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-03-2011, 14:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •