Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quality Parker Hale 30-06

Quality Parker Hale 30-06

I am selling my Parker Hale 30-06 screw cut 14x1 with a Nikon Monarch 1.1-4x24 retical #4 scope. It is in good condition and has served me well over the years on Boar and Deer so not that many shots since I bought it via Donaldson's who had it from a Scottish estate after the owner died, apparently it was the estate owners personal rifle used for culling the odd Red Stag.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020303.JPG 
Views:	230 
Size:	654.4 KB 
ID:	56799Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020304.JPG 
Views:	209 
Size:	691.2 KB 
ID:	56800Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020305.JPG 
Views:	183 
Size:	687.2 KB 
ID:	56801

Rifle now sold Scope still for sale

The scope is a Nikon Monarch with fine glass I bought this new from Optics warehouse a couple of years ago,it has quick release mounts sitting on the correct rails that fit the Parker Hale Rifles. I have always cleaned the rifle after use. It was professionally screw cut with an 11 degree polished crown. Collection preferred but I will RFD to RFD at your cost.

Scope 200 inc postage
    Last edited by Bali; 21-05-2015 at 07:52.

Hi

Nice rifle - M81 Classic?
    If looked after these rifles just keep going......................I have one in .243W from the early 80s and it still works.

L

Looks like that is a sleeper! Always fancied an M81

Quote Originally Posted by srvet View Post
    Looks like that is a sleeper! Always fancied an M81
    Thats right a very much underrated rifle, zero on the range at 100 and bang on in Croatia 3 days later. This could be one of those ones where in 5 years down the line I am still saying why did I sell that

mmmmmmmmmmmmm used to have a M81 in 270. was my very first centre fire in the 80's and I have a slot for 30-06,

Ade
    Last edited by British Shooting Services; 18-05-2015 at 22:28.

"Quality Parker Hale". Is that not an Oxymoron? If they were ever that good, they'd still be in business!?
    MS

Now that is a fine M-81. Wish I had a slot for a 30-06.

Quote Originally Posted by 270wsm View Post
    mmmmmmmmmmmmm used to have a M81 in 270. was my very first centre fire in the 80's and I have a slot for 30-06,

Ade
    Ade You saw it shoot dead centre at all the distances at the DSC1 course in Barry last year
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    "Quality Parker Hale". Is that not an Oxymoron? If they were ever that good, they'd still be in business!?
    MS
    Or like a lot of British manufacturing they where unable to compete, with cheap labour of the Far East.
    Just look at the British car industry,

When I took up Deer shooting seriously the only rifles commonly available on the market were made by Parker Hale and the later introduction of the Parker Hale 1200 Safari was the dogs danglies.
    There were a few foreign rifles, mostly brought back from Europe just after the war or one or two made to special order for the Gentry to use on safari.
    My first new CF rifle was a Parker Hale and was used for many years during which time it had many different powder charges through it due to the erratic supply of powders at the time and it stood up to all of them.
    The only reason I got rid of it eventually was because of the sudden influx of 'foreign' rifles available with shorter barrels so I was pursuaded by fashion rather than quality.
    I rememmber a riflesmith telling me once that they were made of very hard metal to withstand whatever was put through them when used in any of the less civilised countries they were being used in.
    I still maintain that one of the original Parker Hales will perform as good today, provided it hasn't been used to destruction, as it ever did.