Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Landrover discovery td5 or 300tdi auto

  1. #1

    Landrover discovery td5 or 300tdi auto

    As the title, looking to replace my discovery with another diesel auto, cash waiting for the right motor, must have the following:-
    low mileage
    fully documented service history
    automatic gearbox
    Td5 or 300Tdi engine
    owned my current 300Tdi vehicle for 10yrs and its getting to the point where high mileage and age has taken its toll so a successor is needed.
    happy to pay a good price for the right car, cash on the nail.
    will travel within a 150mile radius of kent.
    Tikkat3

  2. #2
    And the best of luck. my 300 was written off 3 weeks ago and I'm looking for a replacement. Like you must be 300 auto (I won't touch a td5)
    I've been looking non stop for a fortnight with no luck. One to see tomorrow and another Wed if tomorrow no good.
    Last one had done 214,000 and ran like a dream.
    Plenty of nails and "off roaders" about at stupid money.

  3. #3
    Thanks for the good wishes, just gotta keep looking and hope for the best buddy, try not to buy the first thing with an mot and four wheels ehh?
    tikkat3

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by rodp View Post
    And the best of luck. my 300 was written off 3 weeks ago and I'm looking for a replacement. Like you must be 300 auto (I won't touch a td5)
    I've been looking non stop for a fortnight with no luck. One to see tomorrow and another Wed if tomorrow no good.
    Last one had done 214,000 and ran like a dream.
    Plenty of nails and "off roaders" about at stupid money.
    we had a 300 disco lovely vehicle no problems at all decided to upgrade to a td5
    what a Dog nothing but problems in the garage being mended more than it was on the road
    regards pete

  5. #5
    i had a 300tdi , new engine and two gearboxes under warranty

    TD5 , new engine and two gearboxes under warranty

    of the two I would go 300tdi again as the least unreliable of the two
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by tackb View Post
    i had a 300tdi , new engine and two gearboxes under warranty

    TD5 , new engine and two gearboxes under warranty

    of the two I would go 300tdi again as the least unreliable of the two
    Seems a little odd to have two the same. Do you drive them hard by any chance ?

    Just asking, not accusing.

  7. #7
    Believe me, by choice id pick the 300tdi every time but the reality is they stopped making them 16 yrs ago so getting a good one is almost impossible !
    Tikkat3

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by rodp View Post
    Seems a little odd to have two the same. Do you drive them hard by any chance ?

    Just asking, not accusing.
    no different to the subsequent Toyota land cruisers ? Neither of those had any issues and in fact my last one which I've foolishly replaced with a range rover did 260000 miles and everything still worked , unlike the range rover which broke down and required recovering twice in the first month ! Yes I'm cross with myself I knew better from actual experience !

    The Range Rover is nice , fast ,economical,comfortable etc but fails in one fundamental feature of a car , the ability to get you from a-b , I wish is wasn't so but my actual findings with my own cash sadly agree with JD power etc .
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by tackb View Post
    no different to the subsequent Toyota land cruisers ? Neither of those had any issues and in fact my last one which I've foolishly replaced with a range rover did 260000 miles and everything still worked , unlike the range rover which broke down and required recovering twice in the first month ! Yes I'm cross with myself I knew better from actual experience !

    The Range Rover is nice , fast ,economical,comfortable etc but fails in one fundamental feature of a car , the ability to get you from a-b , I wish is wasn't so but my actual findings with my own cash sadly agree with JD power etc .
    Hi,have you thought about trying a dealer for a jap import. I've seen a few and they all seem auto,low mileage and great condition. Regards Gary.

  10. #10
    What's your budget?

    One on Autotrader that fits the bill- should be good for another 100k

    Land Rover Discovery 2.5 Tdi ES 5dr

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale Landrover Discovery Series 2 TD5 Commercial
    By mark-joppa in forum Vehicles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31-03-2014, 08:41
  2. For Sale Landrover discovery td5 manual 5 seats
    By mmbeatle in forum Vehicles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28-08-2013, 20:04
  3. *SOLD* Landrover Discovery TD5
    By MACKY in forum Vehicles
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-06-2012, 09:13
  4. Landrover Discovery TD5
    By deerhunter270 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17-06-2011, 12:21
  5. *SOLD* FOR SALE Landrover Discovery 300TDI
    By Spoony in forum Vehicles
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 18:57

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •