Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anschutz Rimfire Owners......

SD Regular

Anschutz Rimfire Owners......

I've recently acquired an Annie 1417 22LR. Delightful little rifle, but.....

Is it me, or does it have the loudest action in the world?! I cannot get it to cycle quietly - has anyone (a) found this and (b) found a solution to it?

Also it seems to have an annoying habit of ejecting the spent casing vertically, meaning it bounces off the scope and back into the chamber - again anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

I'm also finding it ammo fussy, so it will be interesting to see if there is a consensus of opinion on an ammo that seems accurate.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    I've recently acquired an Annie 1417 22LR. Delightful little rifle, but.....
    This would be my verdict too: attractive, handy, smooth to operate, with a good trigger, and accurate to boot, but...

The fact that the scrappy little safety catch doesn't lock the bolt closed, a clunk on closing and opening and a tendency to re-ingest spent cases do rather take the shine off.

Perversely, my CZ, which didn't have any of these drawbacks, and enjoyed most of the Annie's virtues, never won my affection. So the Annie has remained with me and the CZ is -hopefully- making someone else happy.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

I love them both the cz for being perfect and the annie because its an annie ,a few little foibles as you say now and again a spent case falls back in ,but i get round that now i just turn it to 45 degrees everytime i eject now,any ammo as been ok that ive tried ,and yes the safety is a bit of a clunk,
    DONT START

Mine's being picked up in the next 30 minutes and I'll be sad to see it go. Cracking little rifles, and ridiculously accurate with the right ammo - 40gr Winchester subsonics in mine...
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

SD Regular
    Thanks - all useful. I can't get better than an inch with Winnie Subs - and worse with RWS. I shall keep working with it - may even clean it......!!
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

i put remmies though mine at first ok but not brill then i went eley and winnies tried the cci varmint those where brill but smashed the bunnies if not spot on,so i stick to winnie/eleys mine was brand new so im not sure if it needed to settle in, also i just push a patch through if and when i get bored,
    DONT START

I have got a XIV .22LR and can agree with all your findings although I hadn't really thought about bolt cycling noise. At least the safety works the right way round though unlike my CZ HMR !!

Have been through many different types of ammo to find something it likes, the best by quite a lot has been Remington subsonic from Game and Country in Leominster these are usually around .75" @ 65 yds.

i have had 2,sold them both for varying reasons and have just ordered my 3rd with 16"barrel and thumbhole stock,never really found any problem with the bolt,dont think its any noisier than any other,my previous ones have liked cci and winnies,winnies been the favourites,cleaned it after every outing and never had any problems

there is a fix for the ejection problem on rimfire central.com,type in reliable extraction&ejection,did it to both my previous ones to great effect

I've got the same rifle and I was quite disappointed with the accuracy.It was shooting over the inch at 50m which was good enough for rabbits but it just niggled me because I thought the rifle should be capable of better than that.Eleys just edged the better groups over winchester.

My first thought was that the recessed crown was getting fouled so I got it recrowned and threaded which did pull the groups in a little but then I noticed that the rifle was almost shooting two distict groups one slightly high and one slightly low. This I thought looked like a bedding problem and when I looked at the stock where the end of the receiver goes in there was a small ridge of wood which seemed to stop the rifle fully snugging into the stock. I removed it and I also put in two brass pillars. She now shoots half inch raggy holes at 50m.

Mine had the same failure to eject problem but the fix from rimfire central has sorted it completely.After all that I love the rifle, the trigger is fantastic and it is superb for shooting out of a van. Wouldn't be without it. Hope this helps.

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sundog View Post
    I've got the same rifle and I was quite disappointed with the accuracy.It was shooting over the inch at 50m which was good enough for rabbits but it just niggled me because I thought the rifle should be capable of better than that.Eleys just edged the better groups over winchester.

My first thought was that the recessed crown was getting fouled so I got it recrowned and threaded which did pull the groups in a little but then I noticed that the rifle was almost shooting two distict groups one slightly high and one slightly low. This I thought looked like a bedding problem and when I looked at the stock where the end of the receiver goes in there was a small ridge of wood which seemed to stop the rifle fully snugging into the stock. I removed it and I also put in two brass pillars. She now shoots half inch raggy holes at 50m.

Mine had the same failure to eject problem but the fix from rimfire central has sorted it completely.After all that I love the rifle, the trigger is fantastic and it is superb for shooting out of a van. Wouldn't be without it. Hope this helps.
    The two group thing is really interesting as I get that with Winchester subs - 10 shots, two ragged holes one vertically one inch over the other. I keep being told it's eye position, but I was not convinced of that. I shall look at the bedding more closely.
    Thank you also for the ejection heads up.

My search to 'de-click' the bolt goes on.....!! If I could lock the bolt with the safety too, I would have a near perfect bunny gun.....