Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some bits and pieces needed

Some bits and pieces needed

I've recently inherited a midland .270win

It came with a Pecar 6x45 scope and a T8 mod. Unfortunately there were no scope rings and the T8 is completely knackered [as in Gunsmith has said, "give it to me and I'll scrap it!", which I've done.]

I'm after a pair of 1" Parker Hale scope mounts and if possible a 7mm T8.

I did have a box full of old mounts, which I chucked a few years ago[because I would never own or use a Parker Hale or likes again!!!!] [be careful for what you wish for].

This is not going to be a main rifle, but in honour of my great pal I'd like to get it serviceable again.

I'm willing to spend a bit [but my wife says, "NOT TOO MUCH!]

Anyone got such a thing in and around their sheds?

Quote Originally Posted by bambislayer View Post
    I've recently inherited a midland .270win

It came with a Pecar 6x45 scope and a T8 mod. Unfortunately there were no scope rings and the T8 is completely knackered [as in Gunsmith has said, "give it to me and I'll scrap it!", which I've done.]

I'm after a pair of 1" Parker Hale scope mounts and if possible a 7mm T8.

I did have a box full of old mounts, which I chucked a few years ago[because I would never own or use a Parker Hale or likes again!!!!] [be careful for what you wish for].

This is not going to be a main rifle, but in honour of my great pal I'd like to get it serviceable again.

I'm willing to spend a bit [but my wife says, "NOT TOO MUCH!]

Anyone got such a thing in and around their sheds?
    Should have said, local gunsmith doesn't have any! Will try and catch Winkie on the way down the road tonight.

Hi

I still have my PH-M81 which had a Pecar 4x40? scope many years ago - I'll have a look as dont remember doing anything with the mounts when changed optics - just got to find them..........

L

you could have used the warranty on the reflex t8 moderator.

take a look at the link http://jacksonrifles.com/zz-silencer...-t4-manual.pdf

think your gun smith might know something you didn't?.

Quote Originally Posted by Tam the Gun View Post
    you could have used the warranty on the reflex t8 moderator.

take a look at the link http://jacksonrifles.com/zz-silencer...-t4-manual.pdf

think your gun smith might know something you didn't?.
    I am good mates with him, he's very well respected. I have seen the issues and wouldn't be happy firing shots through it! It's not been well looked after!!!!!!!!!

Ok, but if you were to have taken Jacksons up on the lifetime warranty you could have swapped it out for any moderator they deal with at 60% of the RRP. I am sure this would work out cheaper than a brand new mod if your to use one with this set up!. See page 2 of the link in my last post.

That is 40% off a new moderator! well worth looking into. You could have the choice of any mod they import as long as your FAC allows.

good luck getting your bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Tam the Gun View Post
    Ok, but if you were to have taken Jacksons up on the lifetime warranty you could have swapped it out for any moderator they deal with at 60% of the RRP. I am sure this would work out cheaper than a brand new mod if your to use one with this set up!. See page 2 of the link in my last post.

That is 40% off a new moderator! well worth looking into. You could have the choice of any mod they import as long as your FAC allows.

good luck getting your bits.
    will have a look at the link, the security settings aren't letting me look at anything with "guns", once SKY have eventually changed it I'll have a look

Scope mounts, sorted out

Many my thanks to David at Graham's

[QUOTE=Tam the Gun;970915]Ok, but if you were to have taken Jacksons up on the lifetime warranty you could have swapped it out for any moderator they deal with at 60% of the RRP. I am sure this would work out cheaper than a brand new mod if your to use one with this set up!. See page 2 of the link in my last post.

I may be wrong - but doesn't this warranty apply solely to reflex mods?.

Yes the warranty is for a reflex mod, the Op had a T8 (reflex Mod). If you contact Jacksons they are happy to give the discount towards exchange of any of the mods they import if your FAC allows. Phone them and ask them.