Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to get a 20 TAC built

Where to get a 20 TAC built

My FAC is due for renewall in the autumn and it seems the right time to go for a dedicated light weight foxing rifle for use with a drone at night and high mag scope in the day.

20 Tac seems to be the best option so what is it likely to cost?

Looking for something usable (ie not a SB mega heavy rifle ) so remmy/howa/tikka action in sporter barrel/light moddy with a thumbhole Boyds or alike.

Its going to a working rifle so going to get the odd dent/scratch.

Any suggestion for rifle builders and ball park budget for the rifle?

Thanks

D

Steve Kershaw, Jager , build cost on say a Tikka 595 action with the stocks mentioned around 1000-1500.

David
    why not just buy the 20 prac advertised on here recently
    Ready to go with no waiting / hassle
    glad you've seen the light
    Regards pete

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Not many about,

I just picked up another the other day, I have had three now, and these 2 are set up 1 for nv with the drone and the second with a day scope for normal use, I love the calibre,

I think there is a cracking rifle just ome up on here for,sale, have that and get a nice builder to drop a new barrel on it, somewhere around the 2k mark for every things not bad,

My very first was built by Neil mckillop, second was Steve kershaw and the latest was by Neil again all shoot,like you want to,

If you get one drop me a pm I have a set of dies and 100 brass that are spare as I have about 500 cases and a set of redding comp dies I use now,

Best of luck in the search

Bob,
    Last edited by bobjs; 21-05-2015 at 14:41.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Neil McKillop did mine on a Sako 75, it is my favorite rifle by a country mile and is an absolute tack driver.

I don't own a 20Tac but had Neil McKillop do some work for me in the past, I bought a .222 with the idea of having Neil convert to something a little more exotic, now I use the .222 and really like it so not changing anything in the foreseeable. If I were to change it Neil is where I would go, nice guy and by all accounts builds some lovely custom stuff!

Blog Entries
    Now some others have commented,

Ill post my feelings,

Neil built my first and my new one he also built my 6mmbr, and a shooting buddy had Neil build his 6mmbr,

Am I pointing you towards Neil...... NO WAY but his work speaks Volumes

Bob
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

all good rifle builders. if it was me though i would just go buy a tikka or sako in 204.

Blog Entries
    I think you will not need a thumbhole stock on it,

The recoil is nothing you can watch the shot from tip of barrel to the target all day long, what you do need to sort out is what barrel profile,twist,and length you want,

Im running a 20" on the sako, and a 22" on the 595. Sako is a 4 grove 1/12 the tikka is a 3 grove 1/11.

The sako runs anything from 32 gr to 40 no,worries, and as I have not managed to collect the second one yet I'll have it running 39/40 a tad faster than the sako,

Ps I have read that some factory 204 will not run some bullets? But never having used or loaded for one I can not confirm that,

All the best in what you choose,

Bob.
    Last edited by bobjs; 22-05-2015 at 09:20.

I'm sure Bob's advice is good but don't be put off a thumbhole stock as it is about significantly more than recoil management.

K
    Last edited by Klenchblaize; 21-05-2015 at 19:42.