Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice on scope choice for .22 rf

Advice on scope choice for .22 rf

Hi,

I just can decide on what scope to buy for my .22 rf...that's where you come in!
    Budget is around 250.
    & I use the rifle for rabbits daytime, evening & lamping over distances from 30 yards to 75 yards.
    Parallax? or don't bother with Parallax adjustment?
    Fixed magnification or variable?

I've half thought about a Leupold VX 1 3-9 x 40 or a Redfield Revolution 3-9 x 50 or maybe a MTC Mamba scope or a S&B 6x42....?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by NBF View Post
    Hi,

I just can decide on what scope to buy for my .22 rf...that's where you come in!
    Budget is around 250.
    & I use the rifle for rabbits daytime, evening & lamping over distances from 30 yards to 75 yards.
    Parallax? or don't bother with Parallax adjustment?
    Fixed magnification or variable?

I've half thought about a Leupold VX 1 3-9 x 40 or a Redfield Revolution 3-9 x 50 or maybe a MTC Mamba scope or a S&B 6x42....?

Cheers
    S&B 6x42 all the way for me.

I've a cheap Hawke 3-9x40 on mine with a mil-dot reticule.

Glass quality isn't great but I rarely lamp with it so don't worry about this. It holds it zero so I can't complain.

X9 mag is enough for me. I usually use it like a fixed power scope anyway.

The best aspect of the scope is the reticule - the 'dots' help me compensate for the rainbow trajectory of the subsonic ammo at longer ranges. Probably not a must, but something for you to consider.

250 will get you a very nice scope for a .22LR!

hh

mtc genesis is a nice scope,the AMD reticle is very good and not to cluttered,also the hawke sidewinder 10 halfmil dot gets very good reviews,although both are slightly more expensive than your budget

Quote Originally Posted by walshie View Post

+1

all ive got on mine is a old 3-9x42 nikko stirling, i dont think you have to go to mad on a scope for a .22 and as all ready stated a 6x42 would be good especialy if its from schmidt ziess or swaro if you can find one to fit your budget if not what about a meopta 7x50 im sure you could find a non iluminted 1 inch tube model for your money

The Leupold M8 6 x 42 was designed and parallaxed for .22LR. There's been a few in the sales section recently too.
    MS

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...lent-condition
    Last edited by Monkey Spanker; 24-05-2015 at 10:01.

Quote Originally Posted by walshie View Post
    +1 I have one on my .22 and .17hmr

I picked one of these up from a member for c300 and do not regret it. It is also a surprisingly bright peice of glass and I love the ability to drill into a squirrel's ear at 20 yards while set at 20 power and be in perfect crisp focus.

K
    Leupold VX 3 Riflescope 6 5 20x40mm EFR Target Matte Fine Reticle 030317665302 | eBay
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

any scope will do
    depends on what you plan to do
    range and dial, guess and hold, guess and hold with mildots?

personally any rifle I use at night i moved to a fixed scope, 6x42, 7x50, 8x50 all similar spec in meopta (has a graduated reticule), vintage nikko stirling (bog standard No.4 ret) to the higher spec S&B or Swaro

overkill in the scope department won't make you hit more bunnies