Thread: grouse disc marker

grouse disc marker

hi am looking for a disc marker to mark shot grouse positions

SD Regular
    Gawd! Ninety-two quid! That's expensive for some 40 thou thickness "plastic card" (try a modelling or hobby shop) and a chinagraph pencil for what is, in essence little more than a take on the old military "range card" idea. Make one! A pair of dividers or even just suitable round mugs, cup or glasses will be enough to scribe your distance rings with a nail end if not using dividers.

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    Gawd! Ninety-two quid! That's expensive for some 40 thou thickness "plastic card" (try a modelling or hobby shop) and a chinagraph pencil for what is, in essence little more than a take on the old military "range card" idea. Make one! A pair of dividers or even just suitable round mugs, cup or glasses will be enough to scribe your distance rings with a nail end if not using dividers.
    Aye, but it won't have your initials on it

We we used make them with laminated card with circles drawn around a central x and tie a chinagraph pencil on them, just as you have described.
    amazing the amount of guys who turn up without ever knowing about these things! I've been lucky enough to shoot on some "big" days my short term memory is rubbish, throw in some driven grouse and my shooting and it's mayhem!!!!!!
    Thankfully a couple of wild dogs helped clear up, wouldn't ever go back in a but without one ( that's if I'm ever invited?????????????)

Quote Originally Posted by bambislayer View Post
    More money than sense comes to mind

I have an unused one here, about 15 years old.

It's very similar to the one shown on the link below, although it doesn't have the compass & only has one pencil.

If you're still looking & interested then I'll go to the trouble of photographing it.

ELK Grouse Butt Marker

Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
    I have an unused one here, about 15 years old.

It's very similar to the one shown on the link below, although it doesn't have the compass & only has one pencil.

If you're still looking & interested then I'll go to the trouble of photographing it.

ELK Grouse Butt Marker
    HI McKenzie that's exactly what I am looking for Would it be possible to bye it from you harry243
    Last edited by harry243; 25-05-2015 at 09:28.

No problem; never had the chance to use it as all my grouse shooting has been walked up over pointers.

It's an E.J. Churchill one & the only thing that would improve it would be a rub over with leather conditioner as it's been sitting in a cupboard for a long time.

Happy to send out on approval if you want to make me an offer.

That's it packaged up ready for posting tomorrow a.m. (P.O. closed today due to holiday). If you don't like it just post it back.

Aye but only if you know what you're doing with it, I was loading for a gun who was accompanied by his wife
    first drive of the day he asked his wife to mark the birds ,at the end of the drive she handed him the marker, he
    stood silently looking at it for a minute or two, before remarking according to this they are all in the bl@@y butt woman!