Thread: Boy 5 gets gun licence

Boy 5 gets gun licence

Just got in and put feet up with Sunday Express but only got to page 4 before blowing a fuse !

What utter rubbish, an article filled with crap, contradictions and hype................ what is it all coming to !!

The article is about children being given a "gun Licence" then says applicant will not be given one if they have served a significant prison sentence.. a child serving significant sentence ?

The gun control network describe shotguns as weapons of mass destruction and amongst other comments conclude that a "gun is designed for one purpose, to kill and the danger it poses in the mindset of the child is that it is fun and normal to kill things . It is teaching of brutalisation and cruelty"

Even the Police get a roasting !

What a load of ********.

Yes I voted too.

You read the express what do you expect they put a negative slant on every story

Quote Originally Posted by wcog106 View Post
    "It is fun and normal to kill things."
    It is normal, often necessary, and should be made as much fun as is compatible with humane treatment of the "thing" in question. (This last term is the only one I take offence at: living creatures are not "things".

What is abnormal (or do I mean cretinous?) is suggesting that civilisation can be maintained and the natural environment enriched without including killing in a management strategy. The sooner people, of any age, realise this, and take a responsible part in it, the better.
    Last edited by Mr. Gain; 25-05-2015 at 10:26.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

I have felt for years that killing in a management strategy was what the political leaders worldwide are doing with the worlds population otherwise we would have stopped the insanity of war years ago.
    My gran taught me to read using the express so that my first day at primary school was a surprise for my teacher, but the express has gone way downhill since 1954.
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarianbrit View Post
    I have felt for years that killing in a management strategy was what the political leaders worldwide are doing with the worlds population otherwise we would have stopped the insanity of war years ago.
    It's not really compatible with humaneness, though, is it? All the same, I don't think that education and contraception stand much of a chance of managing the explosion in the world's human population any time soon, and that is most certainly the greatest threat to both civilisation and the environment. Perhaps some problems just don't have a solution, at least not if we want to retain our sense of what "humanity" means.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

Is it just the Express that has a negative slant. Is there one that is fair and not negative these days, if there is and they have a good crossword I will buy it.