Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Licensing delays in Tayside

Licensing delays in Tayside

I have a colleague who submitted his shotgun license application (not renewal, new application) around end of November last year, and is still waiting for confirmation it has been granted.
    Any folks out there got current info as to the timescales involved or current backlogs ?

Six months seems a bit long, even in these trying times. Is there something complicated about it? If I were him, I'd be getting in contact with them. Perhaps it's just dropped out of a tray under a desk or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    Six months seems a bit long, even in these trying times. Is there something complicated about it? If I were him, I'd be getting in contact with them. Perhaps it's just dropped out of a tray under a desk or something.
    Nothing complicated, FEO even been to check cabinet a month or two ago now, cheque cashed.
    My own dept told me they are concentrating what little resources they now have on renewals firstly, so I suppose it's not outwith the realms of possibility it's just in the queue.

Tayside are usually pretty good, in my experience. I had a variation for ammo quantities turned around in ten days a few months ago
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Well, he's been told he just has to wait, as they're concentrating on renewals. Think that's over six months now.

Kent is just as bad at the moment. It has taken 3 months to get my partners fac renewal through. Finally got it last week after making a complaint to the firearms dept.
    Kent has always been very efficient and polite. Seems as though they have some issues with staffing.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

I put my SGC in for renewal with North Wales Police at the end of March, it expired at the end of April, usually North Wales would turn this round inside a month but they issued me a 3 month temporary certificate taking me to the end of July and I've yet to hear anything at all, they cashed the cheque about 6 weeks ago. My FAC is up for renewal next Feb, I'm wondering how long before Christmas I should get it in!

Whilst it's annoying for us being charged more for a supposedly more efficient service which is just obviously not happening, I do feel sorry for the few remaining staff having to deal with all the various applications, renewals etc. You have to wonder if it's another way of discouraging people from trying to get into shooting.

Had my renewal visit yesterday...the guy said that 3 current FEO's for this area are to be replaced with 1, uniform bobbies doing some while they are out and about.

Only doing renewals at the moment, new applications not being touched.

Marvellous.

Seems to be the same in a lot of forces. My certificates ran out in mid February. I had temporary certificates come through about 6 weeks ago. A bit frustrating, as I have applied for a variation for a new F-Class rifle and can't place an order with Neil McKillop so that the barrel and action can be imported.