Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts please

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

Your thoughts please

Go all.

right the new rifle will be picked up this week,

Its a t595 20 tac stainless action and barrel,

Now it's coming with the black factory stock, but I am thinking of looking for a wood stock so your thought on this,

Does stainless actions and barrels look better in a black stock or in a wooden stock ?

Cheers

Bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Bob, I don't think your quarry will mind either way!
    Last edited by Moonraker68; 25-05-2015 at 20:12.

What's the point of having weather resistant metalwork if the stock isn't? Who cares what it looks like? Will it shoot where you point it?

I had an 85 stainless with the grey laminate stock - lovely looking rifle - try a darker laminate and you'll get best of both worlds
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

I think it will look better in the black stock. I don't think stainless rifles look right in a walnut stock.
    I do like stainless with a nice laminate though so that's what id get.

They both look good. If you can find a nice wood stock for a reasonable price, get it. Then you can dress it up for nice weather or the range, or put the synthetic stock on for a wet and snowy winter.

I have done just that: bought two SIG SHR970s in .308 and .280 Remington, in really pretty walnut, then found a synthetic stock which fits both of them for $67.00.

Bought a stainless synthetic Remington 700 BDL years ago ( nicer finish than the SPS stainless and stainless steel bottom metal ). Then found a take-off laminated 700 CDL stock at a gun show and put that on it. Looks really good, to my eye.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Cheers guys,

I don't give a hoot what the pray think and if Neil mckillop built it it will shoot no problems,

I like the thought of a nice stock with nice grain, but I have never thought of a laminate, mind you it would have to be ambi"........now there's a thought,

Bob,
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    Cheers guys,

I don't give a hoot what the pray think and if Neil mckillop built it it will shoot no problems,

I like the thought of a nice stock with nice grain, but I have never thought of a laminate, mind you it would have to be ambi"........now there's a thought,

Bob,
    It's just the practicality Bob - you get the robust finish that, as has been posted above, complements the durability of the stainless action along with lovely, intricate patterning that really sets the gun apart.

Don't get me wrong, good wood is a thing of beauty and I will not be without my Gd5 Mk38 & Mk60 Miroku's! - the figuring on the walnut on both guns is stunning - these don't get dragged over a hedge or crawled through a ditch though

My Sako did move aside for my Helix (black synthetic), however, my HW100KTL has a beautiful grey/black/brown TH stock that draws attention whenever anyone sees it
    Last edited by Hereford; 25-05-2015 at 22:01.
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

Another option would be having a wood stock pillar bedded, which I'm considering having done at the moment.

May be worth having a look at the KKC and GRS laminate stocks.