Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any sauer 202 owners used cerakote..?

Any sauer 202 owners used cerakote..?

I am now an owner of a sauer 202 lightweight with the plastic stock, I'm thinking of giving it a bit of a spruce up with a carakote finish. I have seen a few different ideas of colour schemes but am having to really think hard about moving away from black on the action and barrel.

Is is there any other sauer owners who have changed the colours with cerakote for a nice colour scheme?

Account Suspended
    Not done it as yet but been thinking about anodising the action as apposed to cerakoting.

Not thought about that either...could look very nice

How to spoil a classic rifle in one go...

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    Not on a classic it would be on a plastic stocked outback which could not be called classic in any way shape or form.
    I have got an Elegance and that is a classic.

"aye ye never hear a butcher boasting about bad meat"?

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    I could think of a better way,

Bath o acid with it held down with a blaser,

Bob
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

SD Regular
    Any reason why only Sauer owners can answer?

Cerakote is a very nice finish and can do everything from a traditional gloss blue through to Zombie Green or Prison Pink if that's your thing. A no brainer for rifle finishing and protection - without ruining it.....!!
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

It was directed toward sauer owners because I was hoping to see some pictures for inspiration. I had seen a pic of one who had the action in black and the barrel in a lighter shade. It was a subtle change and looked different from the norm

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacks1342 View Post
    It was directed toward sauer owners because I was hoping to see some pictures for inspiration. I had seen a pic of one who had the action in black and the barrel in a lighter shade. It was a subtle change and looked different from the norm
    I would go with barrel and action the same colour. Probably mounts too. If you want detail, you can pick out screws etc in different colours - perhaps bolt? Remember the stock can be done too to make it really different. Titanium is a current favourite for me and Barrett Bronze. If you look at the Cerakote website there are loads of pictures of different projects for inspiration, as there will be on the various Cerakoters individual websites and Facebook Pages.
    Tactical Coatings UK regularly post pics of their work on their FB page for example.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........