Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dags

Account Suspended

Dags

At the beginning of the last Fallow season i started up the Deer Action Group South. There were 2 reasons for doing this.
    First, I had started to get back problems and found it difficult to drag the mainly fallow on my permissions. Also many had helped me when I started stalking so I wanted to put something back. The Deer Action Group South was formed to offer opportunities for new and novice stalkers plus other stalkers willing to offer experience and stalking to trainees.
    To date it's been an interesting experience. We've had, as you can imagine, had many apply to join.
    We've had " inexperienced stalkers with no stalking" turn up and then boast of all their experiences and access to stalking! We've had a stalker store carcasses which lost weight when it came to payment time!
    But on the positive side we now have a great team of experienced stalkers who have given their time, experience and stalking to the group.
    We have novice and less experienced stalkers who help us old farts with new technology, publicity and field sport training .
    We have a fantastic group of trainees of all ages from 18-40 who inspire us with their enthusiasm and give us the privilege of seeing them get their first kill.
    Our brief is to get trainees past DSC1 and possibly 2 and offer all in the group non commercial access to field sports, fishing and stalking.

To date we've helped with fire arms training, FAC acquisitions and Fallow and Rabbit culling experiences. We about to set up a Chiller to help with butchery training
    Our rewards are the craic and the spirit of fellowship like The 3 Musketeers. A network in which we share our skills both in and outside of stalking
    As we get more stalking, ours is mainly Fallow, we would like to offer more opportunities in our group to more experienced stalkers who feel that they would like to contribute and share what we and they have and reduce our waiting list for trainees.
    Feel free to PM me if you want any more information

. .

You have a PM.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Account Suspended
    Thank you Foxy. But I don't need praise. I still get the carcasses, some of which I share with landowners.
    Also the companionship of like minded individuals. Mutual respect and networking. All working towards the same aim of helping trainees get into stalking.
    We support each other.
    You can't beat the craic of seeing youngsters get their 'First' and knowing that you had a small part in it.
    Working towards training our replacements who'll respect the deer and each other.
    Sorry if I sound like a priest!

Quote Originally Posted by kismet55 View Post
    Thank you Foxy. But I don't need praise. I still get the carcasses, some of which I share with landowners.
    Also the companionship of like minded individuals. Mutual respect and networking. All working towards the same aim of helping trainees get into stalking.
    We support each other.
    You can't beat the craic of seeing youngsters get their 'First' and knowing that you had a small part in it.
    Working towards training our replacements who'll respect the deer and each other.
    Sorry if I sound like a priest!
    No probs!
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    You have a PM.
    You want to join the group Malc?

Quote Originally Posted by Shootgun View Post
    You want to join the group Malc?
    Err No. I have enough work keeping my own clients happy, and with 3 new novices in the near future stalking with me and a full diary for Scotland this year
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Err No. I have enough work keeping my own clients happy, and with 3 new novices in the near future stalking with me and a full diary for Scotland this year
    I sent my mate to you, he's booked on Friday. He shot his 1st deer with me couple of months ago but he is still a novice obviously, i hope he's gonna make me proud

Account Suspended
    1 year on and now have a great group of Stalkers superb craic and esprit de coeur. 3 trainees have been blooded with a fallow buck each.
    Just got another 250 acres of prime stalking. Looking at a few hundred more. Acquired a reputation where landowners recommend us to others and say " I'm trying to get you more stalking".
    Now setting up our own chiller and butchery. Looking to get premises where we can teach the basics of butchery
    A great journey and still moving on.

Excellent, I wish there was something like this up my neck of the woods,

atb

kjf