Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pile of dead animals found.

Pile of dead animals found.

http://m.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/...ail/story.html

What is this all about? Usually there is a simple explanation, Mickey Mouse shoots breasting off pheasant's and just dumping the carcasses etc. One or two dead deer could be poachers etc but a mixed pile like this at this time of year?

I hope it has no connection with a legitimate shoot or Estate or it will end in tears.

My guess would be poachers dumping the evidence. Someone has got nervous or been tipped off.

ATB

Most of what was listed are pest animals and we dont know if the deer are roadkill, poorly shot etc. It looks like a monster midden especially if there are snares around it. Things like that are usually pretty far from the beaten track tho so either a careless user not hiding it well enough or a pretty nosey walker could have just stumbled on it. Hope its nothing more than that.

Stink pit?

Possibly a badly concealed midden , just wondered when a mk 4 fenn became a snare ??? Lol
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Just sounds like he found a rather overzealous keeper's pile of victims to me? He also found a minefield of set snares?
    Species present reads:
    deer, rabbits, hares, squirrels, foxes ,stoats and weasels, crows, magpies and jays

Nothing illegal as long as deer are in season. Not the best method of disposal though by any means and a very bad image to portray, but I doubt there are grounds for prosecution.
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisWill184 View Post
    Most of what was listed are pest animals and we dont know if the deer are roadkill, poorly shot etc. It looks like a monster midden especially if there are snares around it. Things like that are usually pretty far from the beaten track tho so either a careless user not hiding it well enough or a pretty nosey walker could have just stumbled on it. Hope its nothing more than that.
    Thats a pretty likely explanation but still inexcusable if its on a legitimate estate especially in Lowland Hertfordshire. I'm afraid with friends like this who needs enemies. The fact that if was off a footpath and the person who found it was probably being 'nosey' is irrelevant; you have to assume that nowhere in the countryside is private these days.

I couldn't see any reference to Mk4 Fenns? Can other people see more of this article or more photos than I can?

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post

Nothing illegal as long as deer are in season. Not the best method of disposal though by any means and a very bad image to portray, but I doubt there are grounds for prosecution.
    MS
    Probably no grounds for prosecution with the initial incident but there might be when the Police knock on the muppets door and find a loaded .22 mag on the kitchen table and a bottle of roundup in the shed? Then they knock on the Underkeepers caravan door and he's not there but his shotgun is. Then the Police ring the FSA /Trading Standards/RSPCA etc because they need advice on the possible animal/food issues and it all kicks off. Probably still ends in 'no further action' but with a lot of grief along the way.

I'm only being the devils advocate here and may be well off the mark but you can see how things can be seen by other's?
    Last edited by Glyn 1; 27-05-2015 at 09:34.

For the life of me,I still can't see the Grizzly!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Yep, no bears there that I could see. It did look a bit grisly though. I can understand anyone not being able to spell properly. But you know things are bad when you look at the amount of mistakes journalists make these days.