Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Available SABLE TROPHY 40-42" - RSA

  1. #1

    Available SABLE TROPHY 40-42" - RSA

    We have ONE tag available for a Sable Antelope trophy in the region 40-42", might even be bigger...first come first serve...


    available time: 2015



    5 days, 1 arrival, 3 hunting days, 1 departure for:

    Trophy Sable bull x 1



    Price:
    GBP5 335.00 (all inclusive)

    Area
    : Limpopo Province

    Ranch size: 3 200ha
    High Fenced: Yes
    PH: Myself or PH available
    Outfitter: Myself


    Included:
    Pickup and return to OR Tambo International;
    Ground transportation;
    Lodging;
    Meals and drinks (Soft drinks, beer, local wine and Bottled water);
    Laundry (Except Sundays);
    Transportation of trophies to local taxidermy;
    Skinning / salting of trophies;
    Hunting permits;
    Service of tracker/skinner;
    Licensed Professional Hunter.

    Excluded:
    Airfare,
    Dip/pack cost,
    Shipment costs of trophies to country of hunter,
    Taxidermy cost,
    Staff gratuity,
    Bar account (Brandy, whisky, rum) – but will stop at a convenience store for you.
    Accommodation before and after the safari,
    Items of a personal nature.
    Last edited by Bushwack; 12-06-2015 at 07:53.
    Patrick Reynecke (Bushwack Safaris)
    Web: http://www.bushwacksafaris.co.za
    Mobile:+27 82 773 4099
    Mail: bushwacksafaris@vodamail.co.za

  2. #2
    Fantastic offer but I Think your point is in the wrong place
    Last edited by african jack; 27-05-2015 at 14:01.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by african jack View Post
    Think your point is in the wrong place

    would think that 5335.00 would be about right.....

  4. #4
    I have just come back from SA and the farmer (family friend) we stayed and shot at has just sold two breeding stock Sable Rams for R325 000 each, that's about 18k each so with this offer including accommodation etc its is not a bad price for a trophy like that.......

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenl View Post
    I have just come back from SA and the farmer (family friend) we stayed and shot at has just sold two breeding stock Sable Rams for R325 000 each, that's about 18k each so with this offer including accommodation etc its is not a bad price for a trophy like that.......
    A lot of people buy younger males cheaply, rear them on and hope that they achieve a large trophy size which increases their value. However, while this is great for the game farmers I'm not so sure it's great from a hunters perspective. The sable grow up on a game ranch where they are used to people being around and therefore don't have a natural fear of man.

    Last year we walked within 50 yards of a sable bull on a game farm as it just stood there and looked at us. It's an animal I'd like to hunt, but only one from truly wild stock, not one that's been farmed.

  6. #6
    Trust me we had a long heated discussion on that very point. The game trade in South Africa is getting huge and will only grow while there is little or no regulation unfortunately.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenl View Post
    Trust me we had a long heated discussion on that very point. The game trade in South Africa is getting huge and will only grow while there is little or no regulation unfortunately.
    Oh I know, the last two PH's I went out with were also game dealers. In fact one was far more game rancher than PH due to the growing market. The designer bred market for multi coloured antelope seems to have gone mad over there. I was told that Namibia will be looking at importing animals from RSA and so the game farmers are getting ready for that. Several species were being sold at game auctions for more than the cull fees that some people were charging to hunt them.

    Potentially this could also have a negative effect for hunters as cheap cull hunts will or already have increased in cost.

    In my mind it makes free roaming species that will dig under reserve fences far more appealing than potentially 'tame' animals.

    Apologies to the OP for derailing this thread. Perhaps an admin could split it and put the last few posts in the Big Game Hunting sub forum?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ75 View Post
    A lot of people buy younger males cheaply, rear them on and hope that they achieve a large trophy size which increases their value. However, while this is great for the game farmers I'm not so sure it's great from a hunters perspective. The sable grow up on a game ranch where they are used to people being around and therefore don't have a natural fear of man.

    Last year we walked within 50 yards of a sable bull on a game farm as it just stood there and looked at us. It's an animal I'd like to hunt, but only one from truly wild stock, not one that's been farmed.
    fair argument...but also keep in mind that 'every' bunisness has their 'bad apples'...we in the hunting fraternity do get them...
    Patrick Reynecke (Bushwack Safaris)
    Web: http://www.bushwacksafaris.co.za
    Mobile:+27 82 773 4099
    Mail: bushwacksafaris@vodamail.co.za

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenl View Post
    Trust me we had a long heated discussion on that very point. The game trade in South Africa is getting huge and will only grow while there is little or no regulation unfortunately.
    This is Ludicrous, especially the 'smartie' pack animals...I do not support this at all!!


    This animal offered is as wild as can be!! 5 bulls was offered to a agent in Denmark via an Outfitter friend of mine - which he offered..., thus this EXCELLENT discounted price...

    I will conduct the hunt myself and know the safari area quite well.
    Last edited by Bushwack; 29-05-2015 at 05:44.
    Patrick Reynecke (Bushwack Safaris)
    Web: http://www.bushwacksafaris.co.za
    Mobile:+27 82 773 4099
    Mail: bushwacksafaris@vodamail.co.za

  10. #10
    the set of horns on the right is 38" taken from the safari area


    Patrick Reynecke (Bushwack Safaris)
    Web: http://www.bushwacksafaris.co.za
    Mobile:+27 82 773 4099
    Mail: bushwacksafaris@vodamail.co.za

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale Army issue desert camo "Shirt" or light jacket - Med - Large (ish) approx 40-42"
    By bewsher500 in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2016, 15:59
  2. *SOLD* Ventile Shooting Jacket 40/42" Chest
    By Jim xyz in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26-12-2014, 15:16
  3. *SOLD* DPM Windproof Smock 190/104 (Up to 6'3" & 42" Chest)
    By tjm160 in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-06-2014, 20:11
  4. For Sale Bushnell Trophy 3-9 x 40 Satin silver
    By 204 Ruger in forum Optics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-07-2010, 12:55
  5. WANTED: Harkila Jacket 42" Trousers 36"
    By stevefranks in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-11-2009, 10:57

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •