Thread: Fittings for an integrated UIT-Rail

Fittings for an integrated UIT-Rail

I have a Steyr Scout .308 which has an integrated UIT-Rail under the fore-stock. Despite repeated communications with Steyr Mannlicher in Austria (who refer me to the UK importer SGC) , and the UK importer Sportsman and Gun Center (who do not reply to communications or do not get back to you when they promise to), I have been unable to locate a stockist for any parts that will fit an UIT-rail. The only item that appears to be available is UIT to Picatinny/Weaver adapter - so than you can fit extra's to your rifle that work with Picatinny/Weaver. To me that more or less defeats the object of fitting an UIT-Rail in the first place! Can somebody enlighten me on the usefulness of the integrated UIT-Rail, and/or point me towards a stockist/supplier (in the UK or abroad) of UIT-Rail fittings please. Thank you!
    Btw the only extra I would like to fit is a Red LED torch for foxing and for ID purposes in last light- in my case I cannot mount it on top of the scope (the obvious solution) as I use a Red Dot sight.
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

I thought these rails were more about generous and secure sling/hand stop positioning options rather than direct attachment of lamping gear. Therefore highly unlikely Steyr offer a integrated torch holder. Hence the conversion, or rather bolt on, picatinny rail adaptor.

I'm probably wrong though!

K
    Last edited by Klenchblaize; 27-05-2015 at 14:25.
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Someone asked a similar question last year, and I answered, but will have to do it again off the top of my head.
    Since I don't know what all you can access, I can point you in the right direction, since I used to shoot competitively ( free rifle, 300m UIT, etc).

These rails originated with Anschutz, on their smallbore free rifles and lighter prone and position rifles. So you can find all kinds of accessories for them now at vendors for Anschutz, Walther, Feinwerkbau, etc.

Champion' Choice
    Anschutz | Champion's Choice

Champion Shooters
    Rail Accessories : Freeland Rifle Support

Midway USA
    Versa-Pod Bipod Adapter UIT (Anschutz) Rail Black

Parker Halehttps://www.expeditionexchange.com/parkerhale/

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    So you can find all kinds of accessories for them now at vendors for Anschutz, Walther, Feinwerkbau, etc.

Many thanks...but only available from Midway USA who do not export to the UK anymore.
    Others are either out of stock, no answer to email enquiries, or have never heard of it.
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

There are probably are some target shooting suppliers in the UK, Scandinavia, and Europe with lots of accessories for these standard Anschutz rails. There are surely sellers through Amazon UK, too, for things like the Versapod adapter.

Midway was absorbed by Brownell in the UK market, so go to Brownell's. Contact Walther and Anschutz dealers and some .22 LR free rifle match shooters to learn their sources for hand stops, palm rests, sling hooks, etc, which fit into this rail.