Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Firearms dept annoying

Firearms dept annoying

I applied for my renewal for my FAC

renewal is for .17, .22 .243 and .308, now I have permission for deer stalking so the .243 and .308 are ok

but the firearms department wont renew the fac cos ive no permission for the .17 or .22, which I think is stupid as the above full bore rifles can be used on vermin under the any other lawful quarry condition.

Ive tried to get it for club membership for the small bore rifles but they wont grant because ive only probationary membership.

my FAC has now expired, so any tips etc to get it issued would be helpful.

they did suggest that I drop the small bore rifles from my fac, but that doesn't really help as my dad has them on his FAC and we have a shared cabinet and then reapply for my variation when my membership is granted, probably at my expense lol

it doesn't make sense when I can go out over gunned lol

Quote Originally Posted by goldypurple View Post
    I applied for my renewal for my FAC

renewal is for .17, .22 .243 and .308, now I have permission for deer stalking so the .243 and .308 are ok

but the firearms department wont renew the fac cos ive no permission for the .17 or .22, which I think is stupid as the above full bore rifles can be used on vermin under the any other lawful quarry condition.

Ive tried to get it for club membership for the small bore rifles but they wont grant because ive only probationary membership.

my FAC has now expired, so any tips etc to get it issued would be helpful.

they did suggest that I drop the small bore rifles from my fac, but that doesn't really help as my dad has them on his FAC and we have a shared cabinet and then reapply for my variation when my membership is granted, probably at my expense lol

it doesn't make sense when I can go out over gunned lol
    I'm probably missing the obvious here but where are you planning on using them?

Wont the person who gave you the permission for deer stalking also allow you to shoot rabbits & vermin ?

Quote Originally Posted by Crosshair243 View Post
    I'm probably missing the obvious here but where are you planning on using them?
    Target use so I can keep them as I have no vermin as recently lost it to someone offering money

Quote Originally Posted by Essex stalker View Post
    Wont the person who gave you the permission for deer stalking also allow you to shoot rabbits & vermin ?
    unfortunately not as the person/body I do stalking for only has permission for Deer

I spose is what im getting at is that they will renew grant the large rifles but not the small ones when I can go out with the larges ones and be over gunned doesn't make sense

Quote Originally Posted by goldypurple View Post
    I spose is what im getting at is that they will renew grant the large rifles but not the small ones when I can go out with the larges ones and be over gunned doesn't make sense
    You have demonstrated a good reason for the centrefire rifles. Why will you be overgunned with them? You don't have permission to shoot vermin.

You do not have and have failed to demonstrate a 'good reason' for the rim fires. So the police should not issue or renew your certificate in respect of them.

Over gunned along with that favourite of the uneducated, Over kill, unhelpful terms at the least.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

yes no good reason I agree, but they will quite happily allow me to shoot vermin with a centre fire which can or will be over kill, doesn't make sense in my book lol