Thread: Burris Signature mounts..?

Burris Signature mounts..?

Does anybody use Burris signature mounts? I'm trying to find out if they are a QD type or they will be a pain to take on and off all the time on my sauer 202...

They make a QD mount, but the Signature is machined from one piece of steel and really works best if you can slide it over Warne style slot base (like a two piece set). They are very strong and machined to fit the scope cleanly. One nice feature is that you can buy plastic inserts which are off center, so you can adjust the windage and elevation of the scope to almost zero, or some extra elevation, before moving the turrets off center. The plastic inserts protect the scope finish, too.

I bet that if you tighten them the same every time with a good little torque wrench, like the Warne palm driver, they would go back to zero.

I use Warne QR on my Sauer 200. The EAW mounts are top notch, too.
    Last edited by Southern; 28-05-2015 at 13:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks1342 View Post
    Does anybody use Burris signature mounts? I'm trying to find out if they are a QD type or they will be a pain to take on and off all the time on my sauer 202...
    Yes, but they are not a quick change item. The slot head screws are a weak point. I've replaced them with Allen screws courtesy of the Shooting Shed.

These Burris rings below are quick change, but wouldn't look good on your Sauer 202.

For Sale: Burris 30mm XTR Extreme Tactical Scope Rings

I've given up on quick changes at the minute and am back to finding a scope that will work for stalking and do a turn at targets.

Regards

JCS
    Last edited by jcampbellsmith; 28-05-2015 at 12:40. Reason: The Shooting Shed

Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    I've given up on quick changes at the minute and am back to finding a scope that will work for stalking and do a turn at targets.
    Regards
    JCS
    Have you looked at the Burris C4 with MAO and load-mapped turrets, in 4.5-14x42mm AO?

Yes, but they are not a quick change item. The slot head screws are a weak point. I've replaced them with Allen screws courtesy of the Shooting Shed.

These Burris rings below are quick change, but wouldn't look good on your Sauer 202.

Regards

JCS
    Do you have to remove both screws to remove and refit or is it just one?

Regards

JCS
    I've just opened a packet of new Burris Signature Rings that I got the other day. Interestingly Burris have changed to a Torq screw to secure the mount to the picatinny rail. I attach a photo showing the single screw used.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2009.19.14.jpg

Regards

JCS

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    Have you looked at the Burris C4 with MAO and load-mapped turrets, in 4.5-14x42mm AO?
    Thanks, but no. Regards JCS

Yes you do.

Neil.

Attachment 57204Attachment 57203Attachment 57202I have some Burris Zee rings and they have torqu screws but do not have the plastic inserts, just what looks like a piece of sticky paper.
    See attached.

If using a flat slot base like the Burris, Warne, or Leupold, in two pieces, I can remove both crossbolts from the rings ( Signature or Zee rings) and slide the scope back and off, then put it back later to very near zero with the Warne torque wrench. Since there is no separate leaf, to tighten up against the base, as on other rings, you cannot loosen them up enough to tip them off to one side.