Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blaser Barrel

Blaser Barrel

Hi folks.
    Does anyone know if Blaser do a 25-06 barrel for the R8? I've a spare slot for 243 barrel and was thinking of swapping to said caliber. I already have a Sako 85 in 243 so if Blaser don't make one, I could be up for changing the Sako for the 25-06.. Plus, what are peoples thoughts on this, is there a benefit to the 25-06 over a 243? I don't reload so, is getting a good supply of good ammo going to be a problem?

Regards, cjs.

No they don't as a standard item but they do offer custom calibre's , can't imagine what the cost might be though.

Cheers mate. Are you trying to give me nightmares "custom Blaser". As you say, I dread to think….
    cjs

They wont do a special build in 25 06 for the R8 seems stupid to me as it is a great caliber

So are you saying if Blaser don't do a .25-06 barrel then you could be up for changing the sako .243 for a sako .25-06?
    well unless you want to drive miles you need to check if your local gun shops sell .25-06 ammo and then make your choice.

Unless he home loads ...
    A calibre that gained a big following last 5 years or so ....
    They did do the R93 in .25 cal but no more but rake bout you might find a barrel somewhere unused ?

Quote Originally Posted by sauer View Post
    Unless he home loads ...
    A calibre that gained a big following last 5 years or so ....
    They did do the R93 in .25 cal but no more but rake bout you might find a barrel somewhere unused ?
    There's a S/H R93 25-06 advertised on rmacleods website

Quote Originally Posted by Dickie View Post
    So are you saying if Blaser don't do a .25-06 barrel then you could be up for changing the sako .243 for a sako .25-06?
    well unless you want to drive miles you need to check if your local gun shops sell .25-06 ammo and then make your choice.
    Hi Dickie.
    Yes that was the plan, maybe. But as you say, and as I mentioned in my original post, I would need a reliable supply of factory ammo. Which by the sounds of things, might be tricky.
    I don't reload and have no plans to start. Also, I'm sure a R93 barrel won't fit the R8.. Never mind eh…

Regards. cjs

Who said a R93 would fit a R8 ?
    You were calibre specific ... I know they don't do them in R8 but did in R93 ...
    Ok you,didn't specify R93 .... But it's blaser ...
    Sorry if we were only trying to help or provide another option

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by sauer View Post
    Who said a R93 would fit a R8 ?
    You were calibre specific ... I know they don't do them in R8 but did in R93 ...
    Ok you,didn't specify R93 .... But it's blaser ...
    Sorry if we were only trying to help or provide another option

Paul
    Paul.
    Keep your wig on mate. I wasn't having a go at anyone.
    I was just looking for advice. I never said anyone suggested a R93 would fit my R8.
    You must of read me wrong!

cjs