Thread: Integral Optilok rings for Sako/Tikka

Integral Optilok rings for Sako/Tikka

Anyone using these (as opposed to the two piece base and rings on normal Optiloks)?

they look like a better option to me

deffo a better option (from the perspective that there's no invisible bottom screw connecting base and ring that can go loose!), but can't recall, does the position on the receiver of these mean there is less chance of the scope being moved back and forwards to accomodate for the right eye relief, etc.?..quite similar to EAW's at $275, EAW's being a touch better in quality perhaps, but not much in it I bet.

Personally I'm done with fixed position mounts, the recknagel and EAW systems with the ability to offset the front scope ring and bring the scope back closer to the shooter is favourable..that is, assuming you are using a scope with reasonably short eye relief and/or it's quick stick, driven or offhand shooting. For prone, of course, there's hardly any difference..piccy rails of course aid in this too.

I suppose, the benefit of the split base and ring system lies in two areas, for the front ring the base can be pushed up forwards until tight whilst keeping the ring as far back as possible, allowing for the scope being closer to the shooter. For the rear ring, the split system allows it to be a bit further forwards a the recoil lug under the mount is all the way back by the end of the receiver rear bridge - for example, McKenzie is having this problem with his swaro 1.7-10x40 where the ocular bell is so large and long and has such long eye relief that he needs to push the scope further forwards towards the muzzle, but the mounts simpy do not allow it.

I have a set on my 308, have never slackened off or shifted in 90 odd rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    Anyone using these (as opposed to the two piece base and rings on normal Optiloks)?

they look like a better option to me
    They look good, are they available in the uk (online)?

I have a used set off my Border barreled M595 .223, if anyone is interested.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    I have a used set off my Border barreled M595 .223, if anyone is interested.
    would these fit a Tikka T3 super varmint?