Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jager SA rifle build,the results!

Jager SA rifle build,the results!

After some pms from interested parties,I thought I'd share my recent development with my newly built 270 from James.

I have to be honest from the start,this was a very basic and simple load trying the copious amounts of Vht N160 I've been able to squirrel away.
    The squares are just under an inch,and the test loads I all did were very basic and straight forward,just trying to establish a start load to progress.
    3 @ 52gr,3 @ 53gr etc etc,followed by three different groups with the same,seated to just under magazine length.
    With a little fine tuning,I'll try and tighten the best group,the rifle as expected shot ridiculously good with very little effort and very little load development.

Couldn't be happier with James,and of course the rifle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1079[1].jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	262.3 KB 
ID:	57213

No pics of the rifle arwel!,,,,regards doug,
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by gelert View Post

Name:	IMG_0863[1].jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	243.3 KB 
ID:	57216

Name:	IMG_0874[1].jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	232.1 KB 
ID:	57217
    Lovely job thank you,,, atb doug,
    DONT START

That group will get better once youve put a few more through it, most people have said around 30 rounds for the barrel to settle.

Nice little group though at such an early stage,

Nice looking rifle. Groups will get better if you put a scope on it or some sights

Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    Nice looking rifle. Groups will get better if you put a scope on it or some sights

Arwel, what barrel did he put on for you.
    I am having one done with a Bergara barrel and I have heard some weird tales about Bergara barrels but I've seen some good results with Bergara so I am lookig forward to mine having the same results as the ones I've seen used so far.

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Arwel, what barrel did he put on for you.
    I am having one done with a Bergara barrel and I have heard some weird tales about Bergara barrels but I've seen some good results with Bergara so I am lookig forward to mine having the same results as the ones I've seen used so far.
    You won't be disappointed with the begara barel mine has got better with use, I have been trying different powders looking for the slowest burning I can. I've settled with R25 + 140gr Sierra Gk. bullets are virtually going through the same hole at 100m.

to say I'm pleased is an understatement.

Great stuff, James has got my .270 for a rebarrel, looking foward to having another one of the gun plumbers builds in the cabinet!