Thread: whats a realistic and fair price

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries

whats a realistic and fair price

I have a Zeiss diavari up for a potential swap in the for sales section. I got as part of a rifle package I bought. It's a 2.5-10 x48. What's a realistic and fair price to sell it at? Glass and scope in good nick

Joe are you nuts? You want your bumps felt if it is a genuine Zeiss Diavari and not one of those Diaclit jobbies.

For God sake do what ever you have to, to raise the money for night vision but don't sell a decent scope. Even if you have to sell yourself as a toy boy around the pubs of Ross on grab a grannie night, but don't get rid of a good scope as it will cost you to replace it at some time in the future.

N.B. Look at the price in somewhere like Sportsman Gun Centre or Uttings and then think of 2/3rds of the new price. Alternatively look at the used price in Macleods of Tain that should give you some idea.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    Who's been saying what about me and grannies in Ross.....rumours I tell thee

I did hear tell that you started 18 months ago but so far haven't raised enough for your lens caps.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

I've seen Joe shoot - he doesn't need a good scope, just a REALLY big one...

The Diavari 2.5-10x48 was the first decent scope I ever bought. I was a 21 year old Understalker and I had to get a bank loan to buy that and a washing machine at the same time! Believe it or not the washing machine is still working 22 years later!

Great scope from the days before Zeiss lost the plot! I later sold it on my Mannlicher Professional as I got an offer that I couldn't refuse. Deeply regret getting rid of both.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Joe are you nuts? You want your bumps felt if it is a genuine Zeiss Diavari and not one of those Diaclit jobbies.

For God sake do what ever you have to, to raise the money for night vision but don't sell a decent scope. Even if you have to sell yourself as a toy boy around the pubs of Ross on grab a grannie night, but don't get rid of a good scope as it will cost you to replace it at some time in the future.
    Would that be at Jaqueline's perhaps?
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    I did hear tell that you started 18 months ago but so far haven't raised enough for your lens caps.
    Have you seen the prices of the lens caps in R and B though!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    I've seen Joe shoot - he doesn't need a good scope, just a REALLY big one...
    Adam I think officially, you heard me shoot and I'm sorry, but that was a zombie rabbit and it wouldn't die

Quote Originally Posted by Hereford View Post
    Would that be at Jaqueline's perhaps?
    Jaquelines is now shut....I have nothing to do with it's demise

Quote Originally Posted by joed View Post

Jaqueline's is now shut....I have nothing to do with it's demise
    Oh - it's been a while (years!) - I can see how that would cut your toy boy chances!
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT